Array
    Status
    Finland
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

4D56-T

Newcomer from Finland, -89 L200 (Mighty Max) 4D56T with Supra turbo

Hi guys, this is my first post ever. I have owned (and built) an L200 for a little over a year now, and decided to share a little something with people that share my interest. The truck is a 1989 L200 long bed short cab. Originally it had the 4D56 naturally aspirated diesel engine, but when i bought it, it had been turboed with stock spec turbo kit and aftermarket intercooler. It also was just painted over and lowered couple months ago. I have had to do _everything_ over again (well except paint), because all the work done to it was sloppy to say the least... While fixing it up i decided to go bigger, so i bought a Toyota CT-26 turbo (originally from Toyota Supra) from a friend and started building the turbo setup from scratch. I will post pictures and tell more about the project later when i get on my computer, because i am typing this with my phone and i don't really know how to do anything with this...

Array
    Status
    Louisville KY
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B
    That's really awesome! I had a 1987 Toyota Supra back in High School. Great car, great motors, and those turbos made some crazy horsepower. Enjoy It!

Array
    Status
    Finland
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

4D56-T
    IMG_20160617_122831.jpg
    Here he lies! This is a pic from last summer, but it has been sitting in my garage ever since, so this is the best picture i have of it. I have some project pictures which i could add, but i should probably make a build thread separately. The color of this thing does definitely split people in to two groups, those who hate it and those who love it. I am luckily part of the second group, because i didn't paint it and definately am not going to, since i am doing this build on a very limited budget. As you can see from the picture, i am going for a sort of a track-inspired-JDM-muscle-car- look, basically whatever looks good to me. If you guys show enough interest, i might just post a build thread with more details and pics. In the meantime, questions and opinions are more than welcome, in good spirit of course.

Ps. thank you jduvall24, i think i will enjoy it when i get it running right and registered!
    PPs. here's a little teaser from under the hood:
    IMG_20161124_204551.jpg

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Gotta say it's definitely something different Tomahawkker. I don't see that many performance tweaked 4D56-T and you have really nailed the JDM feel. It's good to see the styling on a truck that isn't a Hilux. Welcome to mightyram

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Welcome to the forum - we definitely want you to post a build thread. There are many diesel folks on here, including Skullzaflare, that will be interested in your build.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D55-T
    That turbo looks pretty beefy. The intercooler doesn't look too shabby either and appears to be plumbed pretty well.
    It must get mighty cold in Finland being that you have two batteries and all.

Array
    Status
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    I love the color. It's a very cool truck.

Array
    Status
    Finland
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

4D56-T
    Thanks everyone for your positive comments, it's nice to see that other people like what i do! A lot has changed after these pics, the first pic is from when i had just sorted out the suspension (polyurethane bushings all-around, new lowering blocks in the back and springs in front) with the stock turbo setup and without any further mods to the looks and feel. I didn't mention earlier that the interior has been modified extensivelly also. It has more modern seats from a Honda CRX, a center console from a VW Golf MKIII (same as the front lip), new carpets and steering wheel, additional gauges and a long ass shifter to shuffle the 5- speed. Yes the intercooler is one of the _very_ few things i haven't had to touch, altough the plumbing was made by me all over again (it was blocking the oil cap) and it is not finished on this pic yet. And also yes, it does get very cold here in Funland, thus the twin batteries (originally on every non- turbo brought to Finland). I will post a build thread when i have the time.