Array
    Status
    Louisville KY
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B

Coolant Leak on the 2.6L

I just yesterday had a coolant leak start. It is landing on the exhaust and turning to steam. I cannot seem to find it, because it evaporates as soon as It leaks. Does anyone have a Hose Diagram of the coolant system on the 2.6L? Or know of some common places that these engines are known to spring coolant leaks? It s leaking enough to cause it to steam out of the hood if it sits and idles for around 5 minutes.

Thanks,

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Might be a head/gasket leak. The 2.6l are known for blowing head gaskets and/or cracking the heads. There is nothing that I recall is above the manifold that could leak coolant besides the head gasket.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Is the leak on the manifold or the lower collector pipes? There is an external coolant pipe that runs the length of the block from behind the water pump - they can rust out but it's more common for it to rust at the heater hose connection end. It would have to be a pretty big crack or a gasket blow out to eject enough coolant to hit the exhaust. The steam might only be normal condensing vapor from the leak origin and not from the exhaust.

Array
    Status
    Louisville KY
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B
    Ended up finding it guys , it was a hose on the intake side. Was cracked on the bottom where it connects on the intake side. Was spewing out when I was driving and the fan was blowing into the other side of the engine bay onto the exhaust manifold. Easy fix,
    Thanks again