Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D55

4D55 Rebuild NEED PARTS AND GOOD SOURCE

Hey All! I'm looking to completely rebuild my lil girl and looking for rebuild kits. Any suggestions on where to go for stock stuff not aftermarket crap. I need pistons, bearings, etc... Also need a new oil filter housing from a 4D56, changing out the old monster 4D55 housing which those filters are ridiculously expensive especially since I like to change the oil regularly. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Array
    Status
    Inwood WV
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

4D56-T
    my 4d56 runs a 85067, which is $33 each at carquest

Only thing i know you can buy OEM in USA is timing belt stuff, think its around $350 from the dealer last i checked (both belts and pulleys)

Array
    Status
    Owensboro, KY
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D56-T
    I managed to get a Federal Mogul kit that had new sleeves, pistons and everything. It was about $750 shipping and all from the Phillipines.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Merry Christmas Do not buy China parts, that is not going to last using crap. Try Rock Auto maybe, plenty of other parts available. Fed mogul is OK. OEM is real good if available.
    Last edited by BradMph; 01-31-2017 at 04:53 PM.

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D55
    Anyone have any leads on parts? I haven't found any on ebay as of yet. Any other leads? I have the oversized 1.00 pistons and need the following:

· Pistons & Rings for 1.00 oversize
    · Rod & main set
    · Head bolts unless you have a stud kit or know of where I can get one
    · Oil Pressure Sensor
    · Oil filter housing

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks y'all!

Array
    Status
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D55-T
    If you contact the sellers on ebay that are selling rebuild kits they have some of the things you're looking for. They'll have all the bearings and bushings you'll need and should have the piston rings too. Although I don't know what 1.00 means. You need some sort of value to give that number meaning. Do you need piston rods or just the bearings?
    Head bolts can be bought from the people from London who are selling brand new 4d56t heads. I bought a head from them. The link to their ebay page is floating around the forum. I'm certain that if you contact them, they'll ship you just the head bolts.
    Oil pressure sensor is really just a dummy light that doesn't tell you anything accept for when you don't have oil pressure, and by then it's too late anyways. Just buy any generic or name brand mechanical oil pressure gauge. They're usually less than $20 and they come with enough hardware to have the proper fit and then at least you'll have a tangible unit that tells you something. Just have to install it.
    Oil filter housing is going to be tough? What happened to the old one that was on the engine that you're rebuilding? Your best option is to beg from people on the forum who have trucks they're parting out.