Array
    Status
    Lynnwood, Washington
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B

Cold air intake for the Weber 32/36

So I have been shopping around for cold air intake that would work for my truck and have already came to the conclusion that its gonna take some mild fab work with some generic intake piping. Now my question comes down to this. On the Weber, do I need an adapter plate for a plenum or not? I have been finding kits at auto zone that I think I can make work that come with the plenum, but I just need to know if I need that adapter.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    I never used or had one on my Weber.
    But, you can always build your own. I would use the white mud flap from a semi truck. It cuts with a saw, you can heat it with a heat gun, make hard 90 deg bends, pop rivet together. 1001 uses for the stuff. Best of all it's like $7.00 for the large ones 2.5 X 3 foot. once it cools it will stay that way. You can see a picture of what it will do in the "what did you do for your truck today thread". Near the end of it.
    Last edited by camoit; 09-26-2011 at 11:47 AM.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Savannah, GA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    You can build your own or also K&N makes a plenum for the weber. You can find it on their website. I seem to think Racetep sold a plenum for webers as well.

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    just order a universal 5 1/8" adapter for the Weber then get a basic 4bbl cold air kit and make it how you want http://www.airaid.com/ComingSoonProd...e-dca9a93bd649

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Just get a taller filter kit for the weber - 20 - 35 dollars on ebay - it straightens out the airflow into the carb for better breathing
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Lynnwood, Washington
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Well basically this is what it's boiling down to.... because half of this is for performance, while the other half of it is show. But this is what I have tracked down as prefabbed, bolt on kit so far. These kits seem to give me the best "bang for my buck".

Kit #1 - $199

Spectre/Air intake kit includes low profile single plenum with 45 x 90 degree passenger side welded tube and collar clamp fits 5 1/8 in. neck

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...uestid=1932742

Cold Air Intake 1.jpg

Kit #2 - $250

Spectre/Air intake kit includes low profile dual plenum with 22 x 90 degree driver/passenger side welded tubes and collar clamps fits 5 1/8 in. neck

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...uestid=1934135

Cold Air Intake 2.jpg

Now there are others, but these are the 2 that I was looking at in particular. The only problem is, there is no way for me to look at this stuff before I purchase. Now pennyman1, I hear what you mean, but like I said, part of this is for show, and I want something to look cool as well as perform. The one thing that is the big difference from these from the ones you put together is that these ones come with the plenum and filter, and overall are the cheapest way I have found to bolt on a cold air intake without building your own from scratch. Now what are people's thoughts?

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Have you looked in the gallery at Geronimo's engine bay pic? Mine is painted to match with the exterior paint, and I run the K+N prefilter kit.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980