Array
    Status
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G64B

Door alignment/door switch question

When the doors are closed (driver and passenger), neither one makes enough (any?) contact with the door switches to actually allow the door switches to function and turn off the cab light. The doors seem to be aligned correctly everywhere except the bottom back corner where the switches are located on the cab.

I have a couple of questions: has anyone had this issue and how did you fix it? Is this a matter of door alignment? Is there suppose to be some type of rubber bumper at the bottom of the door to press on the door switch when closed?

Any help would be appreciated.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Pics of your switch? There should be a rubber protector over the switch that makes contact with the door.

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Without the rubber it would still make contact and turn off the lights. I took mine out so I could find replacements till lost interest in finding a new set. Lol. My lights were flickering as I leaned on the door too much before but found it to be a poor wire on the switch itself, scratching bare metal to turn on the dome lights. Something to consider. Was put there from the guy who installed my aftermarket alarm system.

Array
    Status
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G64B
    It's not the switches. The switches are in good shape and so is the rubber boot covering them and the wiring. The doors just don't reach the switches and stick out from the body in that area. If there isn't suppose to be a rubber bumper on the bottom of the doors, I'm guessing it's the door alignment. It just seems strange that it's the same for both doors and I'm not sure if I'll be able to like twist the doors to align them better.
    I'll take a pic this weekend to show exactly what is going on.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Go to a hardware store and buy those small adhesive square 'feet' you use to stop your furniture from scratching your floors. They're at least 1/4" thick and should be enough to apply pressure to the valet switches when they're fitted to the doors. Your doors would have some very obvious gaps if they're not closing enough to break the valet switch circuits.

Array
    Status
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    My truck was hit on the right side before I bought it. I have to slam the passenger's door to get it to close correctly, but even being that far out of alignment, it still triggers the electrical switch like it should. My drivers side door is fine.