Array
    Status
    Tyler, Tx
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

New member finally posting my introduction

Hello all, and thanks for having me! I know you guys like pictures, so I'll try!
    (sorry its dirty, I haven't had a chance to clean it yet)
    So last summer I build a little teardrop camper with my dad. The problem I had was that my vehicle was a Mazda Miata, not the best pulling car made.
    14642292_1419184121429365_8373075444797806621_n.jpg
    So, I sold my beat-up convertible, and bought my 1994 Mighty Max from a ranch around me about a month ago, for 175$
    My goal with this truck is to have a comfortable trip vehicle to pull the camper, and maybe pick up some loads of wood/appliances occasionally.
    DSC_2870.jpg
    I haven't posted my into yet because I was busy trying to see if I could repair it, after it had been on dirt roads for 9 years.
    Needless to say there's a lot to fix. But this forum has already been of tremendous help, and I was so grateful coming from the Miata fandom, that there was a community for this truck.
    To start with this truck had no power steering, or AC installed, in TEXAS so pretty basic model. But, it only has 128k miles on it, so hopefully quite a bit of life left in it.
    DSC_2871.jpg
    So far I've replaced the clutch, fixed the shifter lever(which had a sheared-off bolt stuck in the transmission), 4 new tires, new tailgate, complete fluid change.
    I am in the middle of replacing the tie-rod ends, and pitman-arm, idler-arm. as well as a new outer wheel bearing on one side.
    DSC_2875.jpg

After that I can get it aligned. Still waiting on the Tail light lens to ship in from Thailand so I can get it inspected
    As for the interior, it was a work truck.... so ive ripped most of it out.
    DSC_2872.jpg
    I have new carpet and mats waiting to be installed. a new steering wheel, complete stereo system. I am going to fabricate some new door cards that are fresher, and have spots for speakers. Then I'm thinking a steam clean of the bench seat, and a seat cover.

That's what I have now, I plan on making some more repairs/modifications later, but this is where the money ran out from selling the Miata. And plenty of small things to work on till then.

So thanks for checking out my story, hope to have some more progress pics when I finish the interior.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. Looks like your truck has had quite a life. Good thing about TX is the climate. Not great for paint (or plastic/vinyl trim either) but less chance of cancer eating out a vehicle. It looks to be pretty straight for a work horse though. I hear you about the A/C thing, my city is competing for the title of 'hottest capital city on earth' and I felt lucky I found a gen 1 with dealership optioned Air International A/C. A big clean and a mechanical once over and your truck will be fighting fit. You'll be surprised how much of the dash and trim can be restored with elbow grease and tire shine.