Array
    Status
    clovis nm
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

Other

Lightbulb I need some advice on my project

i have an 88 dodge ram 50 and i am wanting to make in to a rat rod like this one which is made from ram 50, unfortunately i have no idea where to start apart from the engine and transmission so i could use some help.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    This should be an easy look to pull off on your Ram. Matt paint, dropped spindles and notched rear frame rails, steel wheels with chrome centre caps and trim rims or old school muscle car wheels and a side out exhaust or a stack like a full size truck. Google ram 50 rat rod truck and one of the first images you see is an absolute beast. Take out the front grille and make a real statement piece (I suggested cutting up a broken grille from an S10 and tweaking it). Pick a theme like rockabilly, 50's drag strip/performance shop regalia or WW2 nostalgia. Pulling out the entire dash and fabricating something using a hot rod gauge cluster and fibreglass for the dash chassis is a lot of work but if you get it right it will be something to behold. No rules, just ideas and creativity