Status
    Burbank, CA
    Vehicle

1983 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D55-T

G63B hard start issues

Hey guys,

I have learned alot about the mikuni over the last few months. I normally am the diesel expert. This is an original carb on an 84 ram 50 with only 35k. I sent the carb out to be rebuilt (Lack of time) and the guy messed it up. I ended up rebuilding again myself as he ommited the gasket for the enrichment valve, left the nut 1 thread on only for the diaphram etc. Was a pro carb place to boot. Got it running PERFECT everywhere except starts. Cold, hot whatever it gives me hell. When cold it does seem like it fights itself for timing but starts after about 45 seconds of cranking and goes right into high idle till she is warmed up. Motor has about 165 psi all cylinders of compression and new factory wires, plugs cap, rotor, and a made in china ignition module. Gas squirts good when moving throttle........... I have tried timing everywhere.......... Its at 6 deg BTDC now. Ideas?

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Is it struggling, I mean really struggling to start? Check the vacuum advance unit on the distributor for leaks. I ran into a situation recently where I'd bought a wrecked truck for parts and the PO complained about 'the dreaded Mikuni flat-spot' even after a full carb rebuild. I checked the timing and it was right at idle but it fell flat on it's face in midrange. I dialled the distributor in and all but ironed out the flat spot, then it refused to kick over properly.