Array
    Status
    Owensboro, KY
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D56-T

4D56T Head Questions

I am wanting to start doing a few performance modifications to my 4D55T, one of the things I really want to do is a head swap to a 4D56T head. I'd rather try to avoid the ebay heads unless I know it's a good head. So to those who have done swaps like this before, who out there sells a good qualty, reliable head?

Array
    Status
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D55-T
    This is the guy I bought mine from...
    http://www.ebay.com/usr/c_heads_r_us
    They were pretty easy to work with and even called me on the phone from London to make sure I was getting the proper head for my engine.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-4...8AAOxyuuJR5ThA
    I'm pretty sure that is the one I ordered as it is the complete head. I bought mine last May (2016) and because of the fluctuation in currency exchange I paid more than the $350 currently shown. Like over $200 more... So it might not be a bad time to jump on that one.
    If you decide on these guys, again they will probably call you so get your rosetta stone ready cause these guys are from India or the Middle East or something and are kind of difficult to understand.
    I've only put like 50 miles on my new head, but it sounds a little different than the original head and seems to be doing pretty well right out of the box. It comes with a complete rebuild gasket kit as well, which is nice. They also offer standard shipping or express shipping. The express shipping was only like $20 more so I went for it, and they weren't kidding on express. The thing literally arrived in at my doorstep in Nebraska from London in 2.5 days from my ordering. You could barely ship a person that quickly!
    I know I'm not the only one to order from them, so this is a multiple forum member tried and approved resource for these heads.
    Good luck dancing gecko man!
    -Uncle Spence

Array
    Status
    Owensboro, KY
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D56-T
    Thank you very much, I did find them but I wanted to see what other people had done before I spent that much money on one.

Array
    Status
    Inwood WV
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

4D56-T
    one thing to note, if you have a 83 head right now, the injectors are a different size and wont fit in the d56 head

Array
    Status
    Owensboro, KY
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D56-T
    Yeah I knew they were different, but I have an 84 head with the smaller injectors that is cracked, so I l'll pull the injectors out of that head and rebuild them.