Status
    Portsmouth NH
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B

Hello From Portsmouth!

Hey Folks,
    I just purchased my first truck, an '88 mighty max spx macrocab. It's a 5sp 4wd with the g54B. The truck is fairly high mileage (212K), but I think it has spent a good portion of its life in Alaska (no salt on the roads?) so it seems fairly well preserved. I look forward to whipping it into shape, and having a rock solid DD. Thus far I have gone through the usual maintenance, replaced a cv axle so my 4wd would work well. I just rebuilt the carb with all new gaskets, found that the secondary vacuum actuator was no good, and was actually able to fix it. Truck is running well, but has a bit of a sputter under hard acceleration sometimes. I'm going to look into the ignition timing next I think.

About me:
    Born and raised in NH. Very much a DIY type of person, I have experience with many types of fabrication and diagnostics. I went to school for mechanical engineering, but am certainly not a desk engineer by any means. My true passion is working on motorcycles, but this truck is starting to show me how much fun larger vehicles can be!

I'm looking forward to being a member of this forum, and contributing in any way that I can.

Best,
    Zach

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to Mightyram. What drew you to the MM as your first truck? And do you have any pics to share yet? You have a nice spread of skill sets, I can see this becoming a build thread in the near future

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Wow, Geezer back!!! Where you go, get kidnapped by a Kangaroo? Missed ya dood!

mightyzach: Welcome to the forum

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by BradMph View Post
    Wow, Geezer back!!! Where you go, get kidnapped by a Kangaroo? Missed ya dood!

mightyzach: Welcome to the forum
    Once again the decrepit infrastructure in my city failed, taking out both my mains water and phone line in one foul swoop. Got my water back within 4 hours but the land line was dead for 2 weeks. My 3rd phone/net outage in 4 months...
    I was going through withdrawal! Did I have some posts waiting for me when I was finally able to log back on