Array
    Status
    az
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Moving 4x4 truck around without front axles/driveshafts

Got an 89 4x4 D50, City of phoenix just gave me a letter in the mail couple of days ago for being in violation of a city ordinance prohibiting me from having a non operational vehicle on my property that is visible from the street... Well that isn't how it is worded but that is the gist of it. Basically I think someone complained.....

Anyway the truck has been sitting for a few months with no front suspension on it and the engine 3/4 of the way installed from lack of time to work on it. Now I need to move it around (probably going to go put it in the back yard if I can) so when the city inspector comes by I wont get fined and or the city removes it for me.....

So if I throw the front spindles back under the front of the truck and put wheels/tires back on it without installing the front halfshafts can I move the truck around without fear of damaging the wheel bearings? I know with most FWD wheel bearings you cant but these halfshafts don't have a nut holding the wheel bearing together like a FWD car...

Thanks
    Mike.

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Is it like that the entire state? We have similar complaints to property owners who live in a community with a home owners association. If the front hubs are similar to the Montero I worked on the axle was held in by a c-clip. Should be fine without the front axles I would think.