Array
    Status
    Wichita ks
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64

M4S

I guess this belongs here in performance section. I have a question has anyone ever thought of trying to recreate the twin turbo 2.2L engine out of the prototype Dodge M4S? This was the car that appears in the movie the wraith. The car itself never really came about but Dodge did produce the engine. I think this would be an amazing power plant for one of these trucks if the turbo piping could be figured out for RWD since it was a mid engine vehicle. The other big problem would be distributor location you would have to use a different head or coil packs.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Not even sure what that motor started as - kinda looks like a 4g64 but then I am not as up on the Sirius motors.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    miami, fl
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    4G63 is 'amazing' enough
    that 2.0L has single-handedly already destroyed an entire field of monster 2JZs!
    numerous documented 4G63/4 swaps in these trucks. How much better does it get ?
    That dodge had exhaust on the wrong side for a left hand drive + distributor in the way + what gearbox/clutch bolts up ?
    That motor won't offer any advantage, except for the 'wow' factor.... if that's your sort of thing
    Reinventing the wheel.... a square one at that

Array
    Status
    Wichita ks
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    I'm just wondering more about the twin turbos it's a 2.2L so I would think any 2.0 2.2 2.4 DSM would do it. It claims to be a Cosworth head and a liberty modified Chrysler five speed Twin Garrett T-25s with 440 hp and 0 to 60 in 4.1 seconds top speed of 194.8 an that's all stick so some upgrades would make it nasty. I'm just thinking could you fit twin turbos under the hood with an real gains in these trucks.

Array
    Status
    miami, fl
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    u can find several twin turbo and twincharged(turbo + supercharger) examples detailed on the net
    Research the topic to see if you're up to it. A plumbing nightmare for sure. It would suck for left hand drive
    They're wonderful when they work - small motor dives like a v6/v8 + boost

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    It looks like a 4AGE Toyota engine and AFAIK they came twin charged in earlier MR2's. Yes the plumbing is a nightmare and the SC would be more of a hindrance than a bonus. A tweaked 4G63 would still eat it for breakfast, come back for seconds and not have all the transplant headaches the 4AGE would cause.

Array
    Status
    miami, fl
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    the supercharger makes the puny 1.6 drive like a V6, boosting torque from off idle - then the big turbo takes over
    Have your cake and eat it too. Lacks nothing during the whole rev range. Every single turbo compromises
    The turbo-to-supercharger 'transition' is the tricky part
    HKS made the aftermarket turbo add-on kit for factory supercharged 4AGEs, making the early MR2 "twincharged"