Thread: 1990 single cab buckskin ram 50

Hybrid View

Array
    Status
    sin cal
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50

1990 single cab buckskin ram 50

well i dont know if this would be conceder a bulid thred materal or not but hears my truck. i got this truck on a nice trade (traded a super bug for it) it was a old painters truck. i needed somethin to haul my crap around and a spot to put my kids car seat (i felt safer with it in the front seat of the truck than in the back of the bug) any ways this is what i looked like when i first got it

i started with the interor after cleaning and striping it i repainted dash and instaled a cd player and custom dimon plate braket. before and after

repainted grill and front buper (not in pic)

Rebuilt: Honed cylinders, re-ringed pistons, new gaskets, water pipe, thermostat, belts, heater hoses, oil, filter, clutch, and painted cover and accented plenum and i know im missin some stuff too cant rember

i went with a custom straight pipe i like the natrual sound its got (minus the popcorn but owell)

repainted door panels

got some 17" denalis

before and after lowerd on blocks and cut springs (ya i know the baggs are coming)

i plan on getting the windows tinted and some aftermarket headlights this next month and i will post more pics up. alil more body work hear and ther. let me know what you think

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Your truck is definitely looking good, the repainted interior looks great! Like the Denalis also, used to have some.

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Very nice truck. One day mine will be that nice

Array
    Status
    sin cal
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50
    thanks for the feed back i still got a lot of work to do still.

Array
    Status
    sin cal
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50

update

well a lil update. got my windows tinted and replacment center caps for the rims. just pick up a set of drop spindles that ill install this weekend. ill post more pics then.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Looking at the pictures I would swear, that the dent, on the top of the front bumper is somthing that every D50 has. How and where they come from is the big mystery, but every one gets one at some point. Perhaps it's from breaking the sound barrier to many times. Or just from kneeling in it. But the door striker loop is the worlds best beer bottle opener.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    sin cal
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50

update

well i finaly got the drop spindles instaled yesterday and had to get a alingment done. now i got this lean to the driver side by a inch. not sure if it was like that before or not. anyways it rides 100% better than the cut springs did. now im thinkin of dropin the back another inch to level it out alil. what do u guys think.

Array
    Status
    Bolivar, TN
    Vehicle

1992 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Lookin' pretty sweet, man.

I want to lower mine in the back by about 3 inches to get it level with the front. I used to have 3" blocks on the back, which made it level. I removed them when I used my truck to haul cars to the scrapyard. At some point they disappeared from my uncle's shop (where I was storing them), so I'll have to get some more when money permits, preferably angled.

Array
    Status
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B-T
    My truck was sagging in the left from corner and the tire used to contact the fender when hitting bumps.....I bought a new set of coil springs for the front......made by moog.
    I still have to get a new set of rear leaf springs since they are worn as well.

Array
    Status
    Bolivar, TN
    Vehicle

1992 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Where would you get them from? Y'know, so I'll know where to go when mine, when they go kaput.

Array
    Status
    sin cal
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50
    i think i found out the reason my truck leans. i relize when i put weight on the opposte side it levels out wher the exhast use to be. i gotta find a way to get some weight on that back corner

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    The front coil spring is sagging out and loosing it's rebound. Just pick up 2 new coil springs. It's not that hard to swap out and it's a better return on investment in the long run. Then it will take another 20 years before they sag out again. The front left is normally the first to go. Drivers weight, rough roads, battery, then toss in 2 guns, 2 dogs, a drunk girl and her sister. Add some camping gear. And once every 20 years or so the truck will need some love too. Besides it's better with twins. .....

This will give you an idea on pricing.
    http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...2QQMC2278.html
    Last edited by camoit; 10-28-2011 at 03:54 PM.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    Do you guys check Amazon for parts? They have those same Moog coils for $84.00 w/ free shipping. I have used them for starters, fan clutches, etc. and have been very satisfied.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Quote Originally Posted by lush90 View Post
    Do you guys check Amazon for parts? They have those same Moog coils for $84.00 w/ free shipping. I have used them for starters, fan clutches, etc. and have been very satisfied.
    I never checked, I just googled up a spring. I was just looking for a rough price.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    sin cal
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50
    i think your right about the springs its the only thing that makes any since. considering the prevous owner was a hefty guy (not to sure if he had twins jk). thanks for the advice. hears a couple more pics of my bucket. still got much more work to be done.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I bought a set of bell tech coils used on ebay for 40 bucks not too long ago - not sure if I am going to keep them though - front end is sitting on the bump stops that are factory ones cut in half. They are not weak, they are lowering coils.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980