Array
    Status
    Yuma vArizona
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

87 dpower ram 50

i recently did a trade for an 87 power ram 50 with really high miles at some point in its life some one took care of it ,, but it certainly wasnt the poeple i got it from i got it like most of us knowing it would need work , first it leaked cooling fluid kept looking but couldnt fiund it the found the water pump leaking yay easy fix ,,, not one of the longer bolts was sheared off into the block ,, opk sdo off comes the front of the motor extracted the bolt remounted a new waster p[emp ,, problem solved then cam an unadjustable idle was ideling at 1300 rpmn wouldnt come down look look found a leaky intake gasket and surprise it was misasing a stud and onme bolt ok fixed that now idels at 900 rpm all day all this time i couldnt keep the clutch adjusted only way it seemed to work was to have the throw out bearing to rided the pressure plate ok so replace the fl;y wheel clutch pressureplate and clutch plate , used a 35 in cl;utch cable from rock auto tried adjusting it with the 18 from the firwall gromet and 12 in plaY AT PEDAL KINDA WORKED BUT WOULDNT STAY ADJUSTED STILL HAVE TO PRESS THE CLUTCH TO THE FLOORBOARD TO GET IT TO DISSENGUAGE T6HE FIRE WALL IS NOT FLEXING THE CLUTCH RELEASE FORK IS FINE NO DAMAGE VERY LITTLE WEAR IREAD SOME W3HERE THERES A BRACKET U8NDER5 THE DASH THAT CAN CRACK not sure on that yet got a 33 in cable from rock auto that help[ed at first still dosnt adjust right pedal to the floor board HELP any ideas here

Array
    Status
    west valley, silicon valley, bay area, ca
    Vehicle

1993 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler View Post
    <>
    got a 33 in cable from rock auto that helped at first <>
    Where on RA did you find a 33" cable??
    I knew daredevils and I ain't got nothin' against them, ........it's just they're all dead.

Array
    Status
    Yuma vArizona
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon Moer View Post
    Where on RA did you find a 33" cable??
    ra was actually out of the i got it from summit atp clutch cable pn 410 i think i fixed the problem the pedal; heigth was to low was aT 4.5 INCHES I ADJUSTED IT TO 7 INCHES

Array
    Status
    west valley, silicon valley, bay area, ca
    Vehicle

1993 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Cool Thanks!
    ATP Y-410
    I knew daredevils and I ain't got nothin' against them, ........it's just they're all dead.