Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

door parts

Has anyone found a good plastic to use for the vapor barrier?
    I don't have a cell phone and it seems to be impossible to contact Mike Warme for window scrapers by any means other than text.
    I just tried a text from email. If anyone has regular contact with him ask him to take mercy on me and use old fashioned contact methods.
    EDIT- The email text failed from both of my addys
    Last edited by 85Ram50; 12-10-2016 at 12:47 PM.

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    My research says to use 6mil plastic. I have stumbled on a product to stick it online. It is called Windo-Weld by 3m I ordered part 086010 which is 1/4" thick and can be made narrower by stretching it. It was not in as promised this morning so I'll update once I get it and install the plastic. I suspect that it will solve a lot of the interior moisture problem I have. I have had the door cards and plastic off for a few years. I didn't realize until recently that the moisture draining through the door was being evaporated in the cab when the sun came out and that is why everything is so wet. fingers crossed.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I've thought about using self adhesive hard floor protector film as a barrier. Unsure of how it would hold up over a long period but seeming it wouldn't be exposed to daylight and continuous physical contact I think it might work...

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    There is heat to consider I don't think flooring materiel would be designed to withstand the 100F+ temperatures the inside of the door reaches.

Is there supposed to be a thresh hold on the rocker to make sure water drains out and not in from the bottom of the door? I think the wet floor is from the door drains draining inward.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    There should be drain holes somewhere in the forward area of the rocker sills (notorious for rotting out). Might need to poke around or even attempt to flush out the drain channels if you can.

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Mine are smooth. I figure the intent is that the water drain out by gravity. See pic It was just an idea in hopes of solving the wet floor problem.
    rocker.jpg
    I'm hoping once I get the vapor barrier back in and the windshield gasket done the problem is solved.

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    There's a plastic threshold that should be on there. It works with the door seal, so that's part of the problem...unless the 85's didn't have them. I'm no expert on first generations.
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    If it has rubber floor covering, there are no thresholds - my 86 custom doesn't have them, and it has rubber floor cover.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    I forget what the flooring was. I took it out as soon as I got it home and put in the pad and carpet you see. I think it was some kind of outdoor carpet.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    If the plastic threshold you guys are referring to is the scuff trim that sits across the top of the rocker sill, not all of the gen 1's had them. My truck had all the plastic cab trim in it from factory but the donor wreck I bought doesn't have the plastic trim, a tacho, the digital clock, centre console or the tilt adjust steering column in it. Looks like the base models got vinyl door trims, rubber floor mats and a whole lot of not much else.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    in the US, the clock is a rare option in any model of 1st gen. I added one to Geronimo, and got one from Ragragtimetime for the 86 project truck.
    Pennyman1

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Mike Warme finally got to my emails and the scrapers should be on their way soon,
    I have the Steel Rubber Windshield gasket in hand and will probably get it installed soon. That should make for a fully water tight cab.

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Pennyman1 remember when I asked you about a link you posted months ago?
    Well I found a different brand and site but this is the kind of headliner I saw on that site you linked and it was much cheaper at your link.
    http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/da...6_32560G.aspx# Way better than bare metal with fleks of old dry foam on it.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I made one using heavy poster board and foam for Geronimo. The cab trim is from a Royal model truck - the pieces cover the metal around the cab. Look in the gallery for the pics of the headliner I made.
    Pennyman1

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Little off topic but - I managed to salvage the roof lining from my donor truck. It's an intricate hexagonal pattern in black vinyl that was spray bonded to a layer of black meltrim carpet. The guy I bought the wreck from said the cab roof had been sound deadened in dynamat but when I peeled it back I found... a $10 yoga mat from a discount shop . He paid $250 to get the lining done and he got screwed badly.
    Last edited by geezer101; 12-18-2016 at 01:04 PM. Reason: dun goofed with the description

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    It served its function and the yoga mat was probably better insulation than that silvered stuff I have seen. Too bad the installer lied and overcharged him. We use similar products to insulate in the trade. I was actually thinking of using 1/4 or 1/2" Rubber mat (actually expanded foam plastic we call rubber because that is what it looks and feels like) under whatever I decide to put on there.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    The mat did a reasonably good job. It's fairly light weight and helped insulate heat soak through the cab roof. It would've been difficult though to tuck all 3 layers under the reinforcing frame around the cab roof. I think the meltrim and vinyl roof lining should be adequate to insulate the cab from outside temps and stop it sounding like a 44 gal drum.

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Yesterday I put the plastic in. That stuff 3M Windo-Weld 080610. It can be stretched to any thickness you like, They also make it in other sizes. My door cavities had leaves in them! I washed them out.
    Does anyone know how to remove the interior window scrape?

Array
    Status
    clarksville, arkansas
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Having whistling sounds coming from passenger door
    1988 dodge ram 50 sport passenger door seal seems to be ok but i,m still getting air sound coming from it. there is one place just about where the top hinge . any ideals ? the seal is not broken into any wheres however it is flatten pretty good right around the hinge on the door is there any ideal on how to put life back into the seal?

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    I get a whistle just from the rain gutter, try put some plastic tubing in the gutter and go for a drive

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    I know I posted the info on here but apparently I did not post it in this thread. I had the windshield done with the new rubber and I cleaned out the bottom of both fenders which is apparently where the stuff that gets into the cowl goes. Once that drain path is plugged up water sits until it finds a path into the cab. So it's a couple of 10mm bolts at the bottom of the fender by the door and a couple to release it from the wheel well protector to pull it out enough to bang the gunk out. Since I did both no water in the cab. I got rid of the carpet and liner I had in there as it was wet.

Array
    Status
    Bloomington CA
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    I have a question I'm looking for some oem door panels for my 94 mighty max does anyone know where I can get some or if anyone is selling a pair a gray pair please lmk

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    If you are referring to the interior cards they are NLA. You can advertise or take the old ones and copy them with new materiel.