Thread: Parking Brake Cable Clip? Where to find?

Array
    Status
    Salem, CT
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Parking Brake Cable Clip? Where to find?

Last week, my e-brake cable snapped inside the cab. Replacement went fairly easily, until I went to install the new cable... Then the simple job went haywire. The retainer clip that attaches the cable to the bracket under the cab is too weak to reuse, and of course, the part is discontinued. I kinda need the parking brake, I just started delivering newspapers and have to park on a hill many times throughout the job. I found one place in Texas that claims to have them, but for some reason the transaction online fails.

Does anybody know where I might be able to source a new retainer clip? I don't have the part number in front of me, but I do have the actual Mitsu part number, and according to the local Mitsu dealer, nobody in the US has the part. It also comes up as a Dodge part, but the same result: "obsolete part." Seems silly to get rid of a fantastic truck because a silly $2 part is no longer available! and so far the only other online source is in the United Arab Emirates, I can only imagine the shipping costs!

I have tried rockauto.com, Napa, Advance Auto, AutoZone, eBay, & Amazon. No luck. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it! THANKS! My little guy is a '95.

Array
    Status
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    What's the Mitsu part number you have? Got a picture of this thing? I'm curious to see if it's possible to cross over something from another Mitsu.