Array
    Status
    Ladson South Carolina
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Getting back in the game lol

Hello all its been about 8 years since my last mighty max and I just picked one up about a week ago and it felt great to be behind the wheel! I forgot how much fun these little trucks are. This time my 2 sons will be getting to help work on and enjoy the truck! I had 6 of them in my teens and twenties. This one needs some love lol picked it up for 300 bucks and drove it home. Glad I found this forum back in the day I was on mightyd50 all the time. Looking forward to getting to know you guys and and learning new things people have been doing to these trucks! Oh and is it just my area near Charleston S.C. or everywhere but there aren't any of these in my to local pull a part yards😕used to be able to find at least 2 or 3 lol.

Array
    Status
    Georgia
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G63
    Welcomed.......not just you........here in Augusta too.

Used to be 3, 4, sometimes as many as 6.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Welcome to mightyram. ALL these trucks need some love (some more than others..) and $300 for a running truck is a steal. It's funny how many people come back to these trucks when they've previously owned one or their dad etc used to drive one around. Got pics - past and present? Put them up for us!

Array
    Status
    Ladson South Carolina
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Thanks for welcoming me guys. I will post some pics of the current and a few of my past ones. From my computer tomorrow

Array
    Status
    Ladson South Carolina
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Well some parts came in today! New cap rotor wires and plugs. And new front brake rotors and pads. When I brought it home the wipers didn't work got them going again. PO cut the ground from the wiper motor not sure why lol. Also the MAF was unplugged so I plugged it back in and it has the rough idle so I'll be checking the ecu and all grounds as well as flushing the coolant and checking the temperature sensor. Already started cleaning under hood it is nasty lol. The kick panels are missing as well as the carpet, ashtray, fuse panel cover and the center vent/climate control/stereo surround. I replaced and outer tie rod it was shot. Will do the rest when I get her running smoothly. Going to be doing timing/balance belts and water pump also. The radio harness is a mess and the cluster back lighting does not work neither does the blower motor. Passengers seat belt won't latch either lol although I didn't expect much for 300 bucks. All in all though I'm happy to have another Max! My boys are excited to and glad to have the chance to teach them on a truck that has always put a smile on my face! Future plans are to static drop and make her look good again😎. It's been raining so I've spent a lot of time reading through the forum lots of great stuff on here! Sucks I have to work this weekend I can't wait to really get into this truck.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Your blue truck looked like a really good build. Fixing up wiring after some monkey has cut it up is a frustrating job but the rest of the truck is a blank canvas. What have you got planned for the interior? We have a member who has gone through the process of installing a complete dash from an Evo in their truck and it looks amazing.

Array
    Status
    Ladson South Carolina
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I saw that evo dash and was drooling lol. I'm not completely sure yet I guess once I get it running proper I'll start laying out plans. Yeah the blue one was my baby and I regret ever getting rid of it😔 but sometimes life gets in the way. I regret getting rid of all my spare parts too lol. I dug out my old Haynes Manuel and found i still had an original 95 owners manual in its case with the sevice book and all just like it comes from the dealer lol which works since the new one is a 95. As for the wiring you ain't lying it's going to be fun putting it back together😑 some of the builds I've seen on here have given me some good ideas though so who knows, like you said a blank canvas.