1988 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B

Cool need some advise on air breather

ok guys i have been looking and searching for a adapter to fit my 32/36

[top]Weber 32/36 DFEV Electric Choke:

1.jpg
    notice it says *dfev*
    now according to what i have found out from people who sells adapters weber doesn't make an adapter for this carb:
    Hello

Thats true most of the adapters are made for the DGEV carbs very few are made for the DFEV

Thanks Steve
    Carbs Unlimited

New message from: allautomotive (18,106)

Looks like what you have on that Dodge is DFEV - not a DGEV. There are no air filter adapters to retain the stock air filter made for either the DFEV or DGEV for a Dodge/Mitsubishi.

has anyone else ever heard this before?
    i want to use my stock air filter DSC02915.jpgDSC02916.jpg
    before i start cutting on my stock air i want to make sure i have explored all options.
    so if any one has ideals comments pics of something you might have built then please speak up share your project pics.

Array
    Status
    clarksville, arkansas
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    in the first quote box it should read {Hello

Thats true most of the adapters are made for the DGEV carbs very few are made for the DFEV

Thanks Steve
    Carbs Unlimited}

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    You could repurpose an air cleaner box from a Mitsubishi Chariot/Colt Vista wagon/Expo. I had to find a replacement but getting the factory round one for a gen 1 was near impossible. The air cleaner boxes from the models I've listed are oval and will swap with the stock box with a bit of tweaking - but if you're looking for a sacrificial unit to adapt to a Weber it would be a reasonable box to start with due to the larger air filter surface area and box volume.

Array
    Status
    clarksville, arkansas
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    You could repurpose an air cleaner box from a Mitsubishi Chariot/Colt Vista wagon/Expo. I had to find a replacement but getting the factory round one for a gen 1 was near impossible. The air cleaner boxes from the models I've listed are oval and will swap with the stock box with a bit of tweaking - but if you're looking for a sacrificial unit to adapt to a Weber it would be a reasonable box to start with due to the larger air filter surface area and box volume.
    it,s an ideal i been going thru some of the post of different ones that have faced simpler problems there are a few that are just down right brilliant then there are those,s that are way over the top lol.
    i guess what i,m going to have to do is just sit down and try and figure out a way using others ideals and see what i can come up with. it's not like i don't have time on my hands lol what's the worse case it doesn't work? lol