Status
    203-CT
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Noob from CT - '95 MM with plans to swap

Hi! I'm Doug.

Located in CT, I've always had the thought of a 4G63 MM dancing through my head. When the trans took a dump in my '01 RAM that I use as a beater/small toy hauler/dog transporter, I started scouring Craigslist and came across a seemingly clean '95 MM. Went and saw it, expecting it to be rotted at the bed seams, frame, fenders, etc. like others I've seen in the area.

This one has faded paint, bottoms of the fenders are starting to rot, from leaves/debris collecting, but was clean otherwise. I snagged it indirectly from the original owner for a great deal. 114k on her, completely stock, looks to have been well maintained.

Put a swap meet Pioneer headunit in with aux cord due to factory radio issues, bought a set of cool wheels for it that have a chevy centerbore that I'll mill out, and love the hell out of it.

Currently broken, after adjusting the clutch cable, I believe I've over-extended something, as the release lever on the trans can be moved by hand. Figures, I buy a truck to replace a truck with a failing transmission...and promptly run into transmission issues. I <3 Mitsu.

Glad to be here! Plans are to eventually swap a 4G63 in it (I'm a DSM guy at heart) and have a blast in it, with my dog sitting shotgun and a set of slicks sliding around in the bed, ready for action.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    The 4G63 path is well worn and you can't go wrong with Mitsubishi stuff. Lots of good builds and info on site. You're going to go turbo on it?

Array
    Status
    203-CT
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Absolutely! I'd like to eventually make in the neighborhood of about 500hp on pump gas

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Welcome, looking forward to the progress/build. Any questions about the swap or anything else just ask away,

Array
    Status
    203-CT
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    thanks! the swap isn't in the immediate future, i want to get the rest of the truck sorted, cleaned up to my satisfaction, etc. before putting power to it.

Array
    Status
    203-CT
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    just a quick update- been about a year with the truck.

I purchased a belltech suspension setup for the truck- front springs and shorter shocks, and blocks and shocks for the rear. Sits 2.5/3" lower now.

It's gotten a 1g DSM steering wheel, 2g DSM shift knob, cup/coin holder out of a mid 90s taurus that fits in the lower DIN slot under the radio. Got the wheels on the truck.

My dog hopped up and broke a spring in the bench seat, so I just picked up a DC integra center console to put in, and a set of DA integra seats to swap in place.

I purchased a 4g63 motor for the truck, which is in the basement on a stand. I plan to tear down/build it. I'd like to do a Ford 8.8 rear, and a Nissan CD009 transmission with a Bill's adapter once I'm ready to do the swap.

About ready to throw the snow tires on for the season. Truck has been really good to me, and I love driving it just as much as my talon and SRT Jeep.

The little max has seen quite a few burnouts, some sliding around in the snow and rain, about 10k miles, and averages north of 20MPG.

It's transported quads, scooters, motorcycles, a bunch of dump runs, aerators for the lawn, been in the woods on plenty of hikes with the pup, and brought its future heart home.

bed seam rust is starting to creep in, and I'll be looking to repair that before it gets much worse.