Status
    clarksville, arkansas
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B

Question in search of

1988 dodge ram 50 sport 2.6l
    does anyone know where i can get the door latch catch *pls see pics* (driver side)
    DSC02921.jpgDSC02922.jpgDSC02923.jpg
    as you can see most of the rubber is gone off which in turn makes the door rattle.
    the passenger side is gone all together.
    i would like to get the part replacement but will entertain any ideals on how to fix this.
    i have looked all over the place to find the replacement parts ebay,rockauto,googled it haven't found anything.
    so if you have a ideal or a link to where i might get this then please post thanks

Array
    Status
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    Have you tried any dealers? The part number is MB574967 (same for both sides). It looks like it was used on the trucks, an old Mirage, and the Galant until 1990. So it might still be available.

Just for the hell of it, I tried eBay. This place claims to have 3 on hand. Get em quick
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/MITSUBISHI-M...VXGIng&vxp=mtr

Googling the part number also shows some hits for a Proton part in Malaysia. Proton re-badged a lot of Mitsubishi stuff. Good luck finding a contact to actually purchase the stuff though.

It looks really similar to every other Mitsu striker I've seen, so even if the part number doesn't officially interchange, it's possible a striker from some other model will work just fine.

Array
    Status
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    If you can't get it let me know I can go check the yards around here. Also how are the seals on your doors? Mine are in the same condition as yours and when I replaced the seal that goes around the door frame it stopped the rattling.

Array
    Status
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle

1980 Plymouth Arrow Truck
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Couldn't you use something like Plasti-Dip to re-coat that part? I would think that would be pretty easy to do.

Array
    Status
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle

Engine

6G72
    Plastidip would be too soft.

Array
    Status
    clarksville, arkansas
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by haruman View Post
    Couldn't you use something like Plasti-Dip to re-coat that part? I would think that would be pretty easy to do.
    see i had thought about that too but then i also was wondering like jeff said it would be too soft so i think i,m going to go with jeff's link on ebay thanks to everyone for your help on this

Array
    Status
    clarksville, arkansas
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff V. View Post
    Have you tried any dealers? The part number is MB574967 (same for both sides). It looks like it was used on the trucks, an old Mirage, and the Galant until 1990. So it might still be available.

Just for the hell of it, I tried eBay. This place claims to have 3 on hand. Get em quick
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/MITSUBISHI-M...VXGIng&vxp=mtr

Googling the part number also shows some hits for a Proton part in Malaysia. Proton re-badged a lot of Mitsubishi stuff. Good luck finding a contact to actually purchase the stuff though.

It looks really similar to every other Mitsu striker I've seen, so even if the part number doesn't officially interchange, it's possible a striker from some other model will work just fine.

thanks jeff your the best i looked and looked i guess it helps to look for the right name of it lol

Array
    Status
    clarksville, arkansas
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by t97 View Post
    If you can't get it let me know I can go check the yards around here. Also how are the seals on your doors? Mine are in the same condition as yours and when I replaced the seal that goes around the door frame it stopped the rattling.
    thanks for the help t97 my seals seem to be in great shape so far. we don't have any place around here that deals in later trucks like mine so if your lucky enough to have a place you might want to stock up on stuff it's getting hard to find stuff thanks again for the advise and help

Array
    Status
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle

Engine

6G72
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesw
    thanks jeff your the best i looked and looked i guess it helps to look for the right name of it lol
    No problem. I'm glad I could help. The two best tools I have are my service manuals and the Mitsu ASA parts application.

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    You can rotate the one 180 deg as the other end is still in great shape. If you still need one I have an extra lightly used unit.

Array
    Status
    clarksville, arkansas
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by Chargerx3 View Post
    You can rotate the one 180 deg as the other end is still in great shape. If you still need one I have an extra lightly used unit.
    thank you sir i had thought of that but after i looked at it real close i seen that it was cracked all the way so i went ahead and bought some off ebay that jeff v had found for me but thank you for the thought i,ll keep you in mind if the ones i bought doesn't work out for whatever reason.