Array
    Status
    Owensboro, KY
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D56-T

Injection Pump bit the dust

Rebuilding an '84 4d55t to put into my '91 Power Ram 50, and the pump needs some work. The throttle control lever is busted, and the plunger shaft is scored very badly(probably part of the reason the lever broke). To get the thing running we need to rebuild the pump, and while we're at it upgrade to a 12mm plunger. So my question is where do I go about getting one?

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1984 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D55
    Quote Originally Posted by dancinggecko View Post
    Rebuilding an '84 4d55t to put into my '91 Power Ram 50, and the pump needs some work. The throttle control lever is busted, and the plunger shaft is scored very badly(probably part of the reason the lever broke). To get the thing running we need to rebuild the pump, and while we're at it upgrade to a 12mm plunger. So my question is where do I go about getting one?
    Been some time since I rebuilt the VE pump for the 4d55 but if I remember correctly VW uses as 12mm plunger. I'd have to look through my core pumps to see if I still have used VW cores. That would be the less expensive way of going. Our rebuilds normally $450 + parts which are not normally included is the rebuild...such as head & rotor.