Array
    Status
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72

LED cabin and cargo lamps

Since I bought my truck, the cabin lamp hasn't worked, and the cargo lamp was smashed to pieces. Now that I've decided to park my car for a while, I had to do something about the lights in the truck.

I bought a replacement cargo lamp, mainly to have something to close up the holes. Now that I've got it working, I'm glad I didn't just weld it shut.

A trip to Advance Auto and $16 later, I had a couple of these:

3175-LED.jpg

From there, it was just a matter of popping out the old, dead bulbs and swapping these in. The difference was pretty drastic. The pics from my phone aren't great, but I can tell you it's well worth it.

Max-Cabin-LED.jpg
    Max-Cargo-LED.jpg

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    A simple but worthwhile upgrade. The crappy one candlepower cabin lights are next to useless. Have you upgraded the instrument panel backlights as well? I bought a bag of 10 off ebay for next to nothing and they look trick (I need to add another...something-or-rather so they are dimmable without burning them out)

Array
    Status
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    I haven't done any of the other lights. It just looks really bright because of the HDR setting on my phone.

I've got the original non-tach cluster that came with the truck. I might try doing some kind of front lighting using UV (black) LEDs. But if that fails, I'll swap it for LEDs.

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    Good idea jeff. I hadn't thought of upgrading those. Your outside light looks really bright. Wonder if your roll bar lines right up with it like mine. Kind of gets in the way.