Thread: Shells or toppers compatible with Gen 2 Mighty Max standard bed.

Array
    Status
    west coast, ca
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72

Shells or toppers compatible with Gen 2 Mighty Max standard bed.

Is there a list compiled of the shells or toppers that are know compatible, that are not custom made?

Looking around on craigslist, and other places online is not giving me much when looking for shells made to fit the truck.

I did see in a search on this forum that 1st gen S-10s SB shells are supposed to be close enough. Are there any other trucks shells that are close enough?

Thanks!

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    93 up ranger may also work - I ran a short bed tonneau cover from a short bed ranger on my 88 ram 50 extended cab bed - it was about 3/4 inch too long, but just moved it so it didn't hang over the tailgate.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    west coast, ca
    Vehicle

Engine

6G72
    Thanks I also found a good size chart for bed sizes, outside dimensions. According to that it does look like ranger is pretty close in size.

http://www.truckinamerica.com/toppers/BedSize.htm

Array
    Status
    west coast, ca
    Vehicle

Engine

6G72
    I found an even more complete bed size chart. It has inside and outside dimensions for tons of trucks including the Ram 50 and Mighty Max!
    https://raybuck.com/pickup-truck-bed-size-dimensions/

Array
    Status
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    As far as asthetics go I had an early s10 on my other Ram50. It was a 1988 short bed the dealer had in stock. He would have to order a custom one for the ram,although the wait would only be about 3 weeks. If you're in a pinch and need one,the S10 is out of dimension about an inch or so,overall a fit I could have lived with. Dealer was super good to work with, ordered one from factory which was in the wrong color. Had it in a couple of weeks with$150 discount for me to repaint to black BC/CC. It was an ARE brand Mpulse model. Dealer was Fox Truck Caps in Hazelton,PA right off I81 in the city.

Array
    Status
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Mightymaximu from you location on the west coast, I would try snug top leer and stockland. Many of these companies originally manufacture red custom fit caps for our trucks. They may be willing to get the mold out and do one for you.

Array
    Status
    west coast, ca
    Vehicle

Engine

6G72
    I ended up finding an all aluminum shell with a rack on top that came from a Ranger. It was very close to the right length/width and has a flange on the front that made up the lack of length. It is white, and my truck is silver. I will probably paint it black, as my plan is to paint my fading hood and roof black also.

My new issue is figuring out what to wire the third brake light to, so it works.
    I'll post pics up in the next few days.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Tie it right off the back of one of the taillights with in line splices. You can also put a connector on it so you can remove the cap and disconnect the light easily.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Louisville KY
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B
    Does anyone have any Utility Toppers That they would be willing to trade or sell that fit a shortbed Mighty? Or know where I may be able to find one, Ive tried craigslists, Utility toppers in the smaller size just seem hard to com by.

Thanks