Array
    Status
    clarksville, arkansas
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B

Question elec fuel pump thoughts

{i know this has been talked about alot on here but i just need some straight forward answers if possible}

89 dodge ram 50 sport 2.6l auto trans: true weber carb:

thinking about putting a elec fuel pump on my little truck currently has a manual fuel pump.
    can i just unhook the lines cap them off and put the elec pump inline without having to remove the manual just to see if i,m going to like the elec pump with out running into any big problems?
    thought and ideals please.

also thoughts on what type of inline fuel pump?
    something simple to install.
    if i decide i like it then i can upgrade to a better system.
    also will this stop a lot of my run-on switching over to a elec fuel pump?

Array
    Status
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I changed to an electric AC # EP42S as recommended by Top End Performance where I purchased the carb kit when I went from a 32/36 to the 38DGES. I blocked off the pump hole in the head w/ a block off plate I made. Performance was better w/ the electric pump for sure. With regard to the run-on issue, it seems to plague our trucks w/ that carb. I have heard of good outcomes with the installation of an idle cut off solenoid in the carb. I have purchased one but have not installed it yet. Hope this helps.

Array
    Status
    clarksville, arkansas
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    it does help yamahlr and like you i was thinking of getting a solenoid cut off switch but wasn't sure where to install it on the carb if you do decide to do it can you post some pics on where you installed it? thanks if i happen to get it done before you i,ll do the same i,ll post some pics on where and how i did it.