Array
    Status
    az
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

4g64 Motor mount brackets?

Can anyone tell me if all 2.4L 4G64 motor mount brackets are the same?some how i managed to throw away the mounts that came with the motor I pulled from the JY and all I have are the G54B mount brackets. I went to the JY again today and they have a late 90/early 2000 Montero Sport W/4G64... Any ideas if they will fit my 94 engine/87 D50 build???

Mike.

Array
    Status
    Olympia/wa
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    i think those are actually the desired mounts to move the engine forword for a dohc swap. They will not line up correctly for a sohc engine.

Array
    Status
    az
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneckmoparman View Post
    i think those are actually the desired mounts to move the engine forword for a dohc swap. They will not line up correctly for a sohc engine.
    Moving the engine forward may or may not be a good thing. It would definitely help with clearance of the front diff, but that might leave me with driveshaft issues... How exactly are they not the correct mounts for the SOHC, blocks should are the same and there is no fan clutch on this setup so it shouldn't matter if it its a little closer to the radiator, or am I missing something?

Mike.