Good day all,
I've been threatening to tackle adding fuel injection to a carbed engine for awhile now, and it might be time to put up or shut up. Recently put some time and money into getting the ball rolling, and I'm kind of hoping the threat of internet ridicule will spur me to long term action.

The plan is to use a Motorcraft 2 barrel CFI throttle body, adapter plate, and stock intake manifold. The throttle body was $20 on Craigslist, and the seller claimed it came from a 3.0L V6. I've lined up an extra intake manifold so I can fabricate the adapter without tearing apart my functional if unimpressive 87 Sport.

On the nerdier side of things, current top contender for the ECU is the PIC18F46K80. I have some experience with the PIC series already (sensors, outputs, character LCDs, etc), and individually most of the tasks are pretty straightforward. The 18 series should have more than enough speed, memory, and peripherals to meet any plausible need. Plus I have a couple on hand already. Might be overkill, but I'd rather overspec it at the beginning than change platform later. Right now I'm also considering a frequency to voltage adapter for RPM signal from the coil pickup, and an IC peak and hold driver for each injector.

That's about where the project is at. I'd welcome questions, critiques, cat pictures, etc.
Let 'er rip,
Mark