Thread: Upgrading a 2.6L to CFI

Array
    Status
    Minneapolis MN
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B
    Hi anyone who's bothering to read at this point. Haven't completely fallen off the wagon yet. Been knocking my head against other similar projects mostly, but get time in on this once in awhile.

The next tasks are getting timers to work to control fuel injection times. Based on RPM and throttle position a table of injection durations tells how long to keep the 2 injectors on. As mentioned above, I'm planning to eavesdrop on the existing ignition system to get RPM (from 4 coil pulses for every 2 rotations). I'm not concerned with exact crank position or the cam phase for CFI fuel injection anyway, and this method should be minimally invasive. The onboard timers on the Arduino chip are used for precision timing events. The program can monitor coil power for a falling or rising edge (coil turning on or off) and based on how many ticks of a timer have elapsed between edges can determine the actual RPM. Similarly, an injector can be turned on, spray for the desired injector duration measured by a timer, then turned off when that time has been reached.

After I get the timers working well I'll bring in my other code, which focused on calculating those durations, and theoretically I'll have something that might actually be useful. Stranger things have happened. I also got a wild hair today to make some measurements on an adapter plate between Ford throttle body and the stock intake manifold. Alas, battery in my caliper was dead. Shoulda started that task earlier apparently. Pfffft.

Array
    Status
    clarksville, arkansas
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by markmakeitso View Post
    Hi anyone who's bothering to read at this point. Haven't completely fallen off the wagon yet.
    i keep checking in from time to time hang in there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12