Status
    Kona
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Joining from Hawaii

Hey guys,

Been reading the threads for a few weeks and I like what I've seen. I can't wait to work on my old Ram and get it running strong.

I got a 88 Ram 50. I know it's a 2.0, but don't know the motor's model. I bought it with lowered. I raised the back again by getting rid of the lowering block, but the front is still sitting low.

I'll get some pictures up soon.

So that I can meet a few of you guys and get some ideas going, please introduce yourself and maybe talk about your truck or what you would suggest I look for if I'm trying to get a v8 into mine =]

Looking forward to meeting some of you!

Bobby

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. If your truck is definitely a 2.0 it will be a G63B engine. Mighty Max's are a good candidate for a small block V8 swap and there are a few examples of them around here on the site. You shouldn't have too harder time finding a pair of stock front springs to reset the ride height.

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    IDK anything about the V8 conversion but I found this on YT a while back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPDYpGCxZBg
    It's definitely possible.

Array
    Status
    Kona
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Thanks geezer, it definitely is a 2.0. Good to know what engine I'm dealing with. I just did a head gasket job on it but it still has a leak somewhere. Burning a lot of oil... but at this point I'm not trying to put more money into it so im just going to drive it till it dies on me. Hopefully by then, I'll have a better idea of what kind of swap im trying to do.

Quick question, when you folks use "Mighty Max" are you referring to all Ram 50s or specific model ones?

And good news! I just scored a parts Ram 50 for a hundred bucks! I think Ill pull the front springs off of that to start. =]

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Check your plugs for the oil burn culprit. Did you do valve stem seals as well? When they're dead they cause a lot of the oil consumption in these engines. Most of the time all it takes are new valve stem seals and a freshen up on the head to fix oil burn. Mitsubishi Mighty Max is the same as the Dodge Ram 50

Array
    Status
    Kona
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Intro:

Hey guys, just wanted to post some pictures. Meant to do this a while ago.

Intro:

Scout
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    clarksville, arkansas
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    almost looks like my sport

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Welcome to the site. The "Mighty Max" is what Mitsubishi calls the truck. Your Dodge Ram50 was made by Mitsubishi and imported under the Dodge Ram 50 name.