Thread: Seeking Assistance : locating proper propeller shaft center support bearing in NorCal

Array
    Status
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle

1980 Plymouth Arrow Truck
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type

Seeking Assistance : locating proper propeller shaft center support bearing in NorCal

HI,

I was wondering if anyone has the proper part # for a propeller shaft support bearing.
    Does anyone have for sale, or know where I can purchase the correct unit?

I went through four local auto supply shops looking for the bearing. They all seem to have the same bearing in stock. A narrow type bearing style. The problem is I need the wide bearing version. The shops here list only the narrow bearing.
    They have tried different years but no luck for me.

I am attaching some pics
    The greasy bearing is the original unit, which I need a replacement.
    Your assistance will be greatly appreciated Thank You
    Steve 510-648-6674

IMG_0576.JPGIMG_0575.JPGIMG_0577.JPGIMG_0011.jpg

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    I am loath to recommend them since it is the only interaction with them that has ever worked out (they ripped me off on weatherstrips/outer window scrappers refusing to take them back without charging me a fee and didn't have another item they advertised and sent me a different one twice then tried to short my refund by $6.66) but I got mine at autopartswarehouse.com. I'm pretty sure it had an enter your vehicle option and they show the bearing. I suggest when you find what their site recommends you make contact and ask that they have a person check by making physical contact with the item and measuring the diameter of the ring you need. They have warehouses all over the country and the company uses a few dozen different names to do business online. Have you tried Monument auto parts in Martinez? They always knew what I was talking about or asking for whenever I called them. EDIT I think Monument is actually Pacheco.
    Last edited by 85Ram50; 10-05-2016 at 05:28 PM.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980