Array
    Status
    Boonville MO
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

My 95 mighty max

Hey guys, first off this forum has an abundance of information and is just incredible. My name is Robert and I recently purchased a 95 Mighty Max for what I thought to be a fair price. 160k on the odometer. Drove it for about 2k miles when it started to smoke. The culpret I believe are the valve seals. The compression was 140, 140, 114, and 120. So I decided to pull and rebuild. To include new clutch, waterpump, egr delete, and any thing else I come by. Any advice for somebody new to these trucks? Really dont want to go through the hassel of a DOHC swap. This is the 4g64 2.4

Array
    Status
    Boonville MO
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    One question that I have is when removing all the emissions what do I do with the line running to the fuel tank? My plan is to get rid of the canister and all unnecessary vacuum lines. I've only done this on a 240sx and I do not recall a line that ran to the fuel tank. Also what to do with the cylinoids or sensor that the 3 intake vacuum lines run to? Can I just get rid of those?

Array
    Status
    Boonville MO
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I'm all over the place here but I'd like to start a build thread. Where would I start that at? Can someone please help me out?

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Hey robzombie... since yours is a '95, you'd put your build thread in 2nd generation http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...x-amp-Ram-D-50

Look forward to seeing some pictures of your truck!
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    Boonville MO
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Thank you so much for the info royster. Ill be posting pictures on there as soon as I figure out why some of them are getting flipped from the original ones. Similar to the one set as my avatar. That's normally upright in my computer. Somehow it was flipped in the upload process to the forum. Hmm Unsure what the deal is. I'm sure its because my photo was taken on my phone and uploaded to my computer vs it being a glitch on the site.

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    They probably look right-side-up to Geezer :D

I don't remember if the forum has a tumble option or not.

Also, be sure to check out (and take advantage of) the Gallery. Some nice trucks on there. [edit] Ooops! You already did!!

Looking forward to your build thread.
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    Boonville MO
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    It will definitely be a slow process, funds are kind of short. I was looking at your photos and was curious as to what bucket seats you put in your truck? I like how you installed the speakers in the door as well.

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Thanks. Those seats are out of a 2005 Saturn, if memory serves me correct. $75 for the pair.

The speakers in the door is a rather exacting art, as there isn't a lot of goof-room. Those are 180 watt speakers, and they do a fine job.

Your truck is a nice specimen http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...hp?albumid=454 Great photos, and it's obvious you do conscientious work.

I couldn't help but notice the carpentry tools...is that something you do?

Array
    Status
    Boonville MO
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Yes I am very tedious when I work,

Array
    Status
    Boonville MO
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    My daughter hit the reply button hehe
    Anyways Yes I am very tedious when I work. I was always taught that a clean shop is a safe shop. Also being organized may take a little longer sometimes but i know where everything at all times. Ive always bagged and labeled everything when im doing any kind of work. Ill post a picture of the most recent headboard I just build for a customer.

Array
    Status
    Boonville MO
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Its about finished and ready for delivery. Just another coat of clear.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Wow, awesome piece o'work, there!

Array
    Status
    Boonville MO
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Thank you, if only I knew how to do body work just as good as I can woodworking. That's a whole different ball game though. This truck has a few dents and dings. I started a build thread but I think it has to be approved or something? I'm not sure how that works because its not up there yet. Hmm.