Thread: Lots of frontend noise(squeeking, clunking, popping and banging)

Array
    Status
    Rva
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Lots of frontend noise(squeeking, clunking, popping and banging)

Ok the main point is what am I missing on th parts to change list so here's what I've already replaced with new parts

Upper control arms and ball joints
    Lower a ball joints
    Idler arm
    Sway bar end links

What I'm going to change next
    Lower control arm bushings
    Shocks and springs
    Front spindles and lowering blocks

The front squeaks like hell mostly the drivers side and some times when coming to a stop I get this weird pop noise, it's not the brakes checked them out with the control arm change( greased hardware, checked pad wear, ect) plus all the feedback is in the steering and my braking is always linear. Tracks kind of weird it's like it will be going straight and all of a sudden I feels like the steering loses all the feed back and the truck pulls left usually. I think it's the lca bushings as with the popping.

As far as the shocks/springs/blocks and spindles, what do I order? I plan on getting the 2in spindles up front, what's a good spring strut combo and how much should I drop the rear?

I'm going to be running a set of 4 spoke xterra wheels( there's a gold/champaign one floating around on white ones) there 16x8. I'm thing like 60-65 235 for tires.

Sorry about the run ons lol punctuation goes when I'm tapping on the phone

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Sounds like ball joints and control arm bushes (most likely ball joints). Also check the radius rods and rod bushes as well. If they're tired and you only replace the ball joints and control arm bushes, it will cause premature failure. If you're going to do any suspension or steering component replacement - do the lot. You'll be a whole lot happier with the end result.

Array
    Status
    Rva
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Ball joints all have been replaced got to get list and so far it seems radius rod bushings and contro arm bushings are my missing point plus my truck been sitting for nearly 2 years haha it came right on even with a massive fuel leak ha.

Any way list of stuff updated
    Radius rod bushings
    Lca bushings
    Struts
    Springs
    And then the lowering stuff

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    LCA bushings are definitely going to be one of the problems. They wear out and deteriorate very commonly on these trucks.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    replace them and the strut rod bushings with urethane bushings - they won't fail like rubber ones do
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Rva
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    So I should be alright doing all this I didint miss anything I'm going to be ordering some stuff either this week or in 2 weeks got to keep my pick up picking up ha