Array
    Status
    Owensboro, KY
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D56-T

AC Bracketry Chaos, Help Needed

So we are in the process of rebuilding a 4D55T to go in my '91 Ram 50, and we are trying to get the AC compressor and everything we can that needs to go on the engine before we put it in. That being said we don't even have an idea of what the bracket looks like let alone where to get one. At the moment we are planning on modifying a bracket off of either a 4G63 or 4G64 to fit, we just need to get an idea of what the diesel bracket is like. Anyone able to help with this?

Array
    Status
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D55-T
    I have one that I can take a picture of. As far as I understand the 2.0L motor has the same as the 2.3L diesel; being that the bolt holes are the same. I have a bracket from a 2.0 motor and that is what I will send your direction. I should be able to get you a photo this week.
    I have no advice as where you can find one though. Sorry.

Array
    Status
    Owensboro, KY
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D56-T
    Well, if we can at least get an idea for what we need to fo we can make something. We've got a small mchine shop at home, we are right down the road from one, and between family and friends know a dozen machinists. If you can send a picture it'll be a huge help to get started fabricating one.

Array
    Status
    Inwood WV
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

4D56-T
    I have a d56 and a g63 at the house, I can get you a pic of both. However they do look similar but don't look compatible to me

Array
    Status
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D55-T
    Skullzaflare is correct. I have my block back from the machinist and tried to line up the ac bracket to where I thought it was supposed to go. Doesn't line up. On the 2.0 engine it appears to wrap around the balance shaft, where in the 2.3 it sits above it. I'd have to add some spacers, get longer bolts, and move a hole on the bracket. I still am including the pictures though, even if it's not the right one. At least give you something to brainstorm about.
    KIMG1130.jpgKIMG1131.jpgKIMG1132.jpg

Array
    Status
    Inwood WV
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

4D56-T
    this is off the 89 2.0 i just pulled

Array
    Status
    Owensboro, KY
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D56-T
    Saw the brackets, we've decided to just make an adapter to run the bracket currently on my 2.4. I'll get some pictures up of it in a bit.