Array
    Status
    Olga Wa
    Vehicle

1983 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D55-T

New guy in NW Washington

Hi, I am a long time gearhead and vintage truck enthusiast. I currently own a few 46 and 47 ford trucks that run well and have owned quite a few landcruisers. I still own a beater '79 landcruiser fj55 that I bought in '84. I also have a '85 BJ 60 landcruiser diesel with a 3B 3.4 liter and an '85 Mercedes 300 td diesel wagon I picked up for a grand. 5 years ago I installed a cummins 6at in a '59 f350 and I drive the heck out of it.... Ok well last week I bought an '83 mitshubishi 4x4 pickup with the 2.3 turbo diesel. I am the second owner. Original paint (black) and striping except on front fenders. Has 167,000 on it and a glovebox full of receipts. New head at 112,000, and tons of other stuff. New tranny, front end clutch and all the usual stuff. So I have a couple of questions but this is the new member section so I'll post on the forum. I live on Orcas Island and run a 3 man cabinet and woodworking shop. I am 63 years old.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. Sounds like you got a fetish for old school diesel 4x4's! And it also sounds like someone did a lot of the hard work for you when you bought your MM. Usually when we gain a new member they've bought one and it turns out to be a Pandora's box of woes from neglect, abuse and ill-conceived attempts to 'fix' something.
    Post up pics and ask questions.