Array
    Status
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B

90 MAF on a 94 mighty Max

So i have been trying to setup a snorkel on my mighty Max and while running through a junkyard i saw a 90 montero that had the old style pod filter intake and i though this would make life way easier since it has a 2.5" hole that i could just tap right into. But the MAF on it has 6 wires instead of 7 like my 94 might Max. If i splice the 90 MAF connector onto my 94 harness and cap the 7th wire would it still work?

Array
    Status
    redding ca
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    it would work if you also grab a 1990 mm ecm. you can splice the connector for that maf into your current harness and not worry about the 7th wire but you will need to get a 1990 mm ecm to run it properly.

Array
    Status
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by finalfighter View Post
    it would work if you also grab a 1990 mm ecm. you can splice the connector for that maf into your current harness and not worry about the 7th wire but you will need to get a 1990 mm ecm to run it properly.
    Unfortunately the montero has been crushed since then so the ecm is gone. Darn. Maybe i can mount my MAF onto the montero filter box somehow. I don't think it will be that tough

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    Why downgrade to the 90's trashcan. I just upgraded and its made a world of a difference. You would also need the proper ECU as stated, so that your airflow is properly programmed.