Status
    Inwood WV
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

4D56-T

89 2.0 ram 50

So long story short i bought a 89 ram 50 with wiring issues
    I have fixed most of it (had no running lights) but i still have some issues and "spare" wires. Going through the manual and diagrams i can find but not much help

Spare wires. Fuse #8 Blue/red
    red/black on a 4 way split
    2 black/yellow from firewall/relay
    1 hot black/yellow from gauge cluster
    1 black/white

no gauge cluster lights, OD light is lit all time until you turn lights on (it does flicker when you push the button)
    Dimmer does nothing and does not light roof light
    No high beams or pass flash

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    O.k. red/black stripe is permanent power (normally goes to the clock). Green/white stripe is backlight illumination. Play Cluedo with the fuse block and use the fuse #allocation as a reference. Instrument/dash backlight shares the same power as the parking light circuit. See if the dimmer switch is actually connected (this will cause no end of frustration trying to diagnose a fault if it's unplugged). Some of the fuses will only be active when the ignition is in the on ACC position (clock, cigarette lighter, radio, A/C)

Array
    Status
    Inwood WV
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

4D56-T
    i just noticed its not showing the entire pictures lol
    https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...40866871_o.jpg
    https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...88843951_o.jpg

so red/black not important, i dont have a clock

dimmer i have had hooked up and not hooked up while going through everything. I am not sure if it is any good. Can i loop the 2 wires to bypass it?

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    The red/black will act as your permanent power/memory wire for your HU if you're using an aftermarket stereo. You can bypass the dimmer switch (they sometimes go glitchy and have dead spots in them)

Hooley flying shitballs, what is going on in that first pic in your recent post? The wiring in your truck is going to take some perseverance to straighten out. Why would anyone need to do this to a factory loom unless they added a heap of accessories (and even then you would be better off making a stand alone accessory loom and run it from the back of a fuse block...) I have a feeling there were dead shorts in the truck and whoever did this thought it was easier to hatchet the wires rather than hunt down the faults and rectify them. You're gonna need to break out the multi meter and be prepared to spend some quality time wrecking your back under the dash. It looks like the wiring is intact, just re-routed for some bizarre reason

Array
    Status
    Inwood WV
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

4D56-T
    those crimps looked oem to me so i assumed they were lol. So an update, i now have dash lights...kinda. a loose black/yellow coming from dash grounded will turn lights on with lights but dimmer does nothing. i jumped the wire to the dimmer and it works with dimmer.

i test drove it before this, no OD, and seems like choke is stuck on.
    testing found OD relay not clicking, found a little bit ago the black/yellow from OD switch goes to one of my loose black/yellows coming in, as well as the temp sensor is not working (i think) for OD minimum temp

so loose wires wise, i have 1 black/yellow, 1 red/black, 1 black/white.
    I know the cluster light isnt wired correctly having the black/yellow go to the dimmer wiring lol

when i got the truck it would not run, half the wiring was melted

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I thought I saw a blue wire that looked roasted but I assumed it was just discolored from age.

Array
    Status
    Inwood WV
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

4D56-T
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    I thought I saw a blue wire that looked roasted but I assumed it was just discolored from age.
    yes there are some discolored from the roasted wires, i rewired those with melted rubber, discolored i left alone.

So as i sit now, i still have 1 loose black/yellow, black/white, both go through the firewall, and that red/black
    Cluster black/yellow is going straight to the dimmer switch so it works up and down.
    No high beams or pass flash
    No a/c clutch (just recharged it and it works powering the clutch with a jumper) (when jumping pump is pulling vacuum on low side and has pressure on high side, think orfice is stuck)
    OD is working in and out
    Choke or high idle, seems to be commonly sticking on, sometimes its off, but mostly on lol