Thread: Embarrasing mistake-need suggestions

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I will have to look to see which site that was - I will get back to you.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Thanks pennyman I ask because when I looked at the link they had a grille and a cool headliner with locations to place speakers in the corners behind the seat among other things for these trucks. I never figured I'd forget where the link was. Apparently I have creeping CRS

Once it was on I started cleaning up the glass and then got the hood adjusted so it looks fitted properly. I'm gonna start sanding it and paint it all with that primer. I might take the other fender off to make sure it is cleaned out where that rust develops by the rocker. I've ordered hood bumper stops and a fan shroud. The bottom half of the shroud is on back order so 4-6 weeks for that and I ordered a grille. Let's hope it fits right.
    I'd like to find a dash pad or know how you guys deal with the cracking. If anyone has the part number that would be great.

EDIT- Grille order fell through. I'm debating whether to drive 6 hours round trip to get a used one.

EDIT2 the hood bumper stops for the 85 MM do not cross fit. they don't have any visible mounting on them at all?????!
    Last edited by 85Ram50; 10-29-2016 at 10:45 AM.

Array
    Status
    Burbank, CA
    Vehicle

1983 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D55-T
    Quote Originally Posted by 85Ram50 View Post
    Well both yards that had my truck no longer have them. One of the yards has late 80's with the different style fender. Andy's Auto Sport confirmed they had the right one, I asked because the picture they show is of a late 80's fender style, then after I paid contacted me two days later to say their supplier didn't have it! I am supposed to wait 10 days to get my money back!? and only because I asked for it they didn't automatically refund it!
    I'm searching online right now. I think I have found some. One junkyard says they have 4 and another place claims to have 6 new old stock and a third place has two new one $26 more than the other and they want $125 shipping! It might be cheaper than that to pay a body guy to unbend the one I have.

EDIT- All those fenders are wrong for the 85 Ram. The years I need are 83-86. Apparently the earlier ones will bolts up but there is something different where the bumper wraps around it. From the pics I have seen online they look identical with the bumper on. Any input or even better pictures would help here. I'm half tempted to remove my bumper and put on two 1980 fenders.
    Which place has the new ones?? I will pay the shipping. Please let me know

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Mike, I got the fender fixed. Found one in a yard 90 minutes north.

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    I drove the 6 hours to get a grille and it turns out that gold 85Ram50 on Ebay has been toast for a while. They did have the grille but they burned the truck up using a torch to remove the gas tank! The fenders might be good, I didn't see any noticeable dents. I told the guy he should pull them even if they had a rust near the rockers. They gave me the aircleaner assembly and hose, it was really rusty from burning up. I didn't think to ask about the motor.
    Does anyone know how to restore these grilles? The chrome is bubbling up in one small spot That I figure will get big over time.

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Grill on here's a pic. Anyone know where to get the clips for the bottom?

Used Grill On.jpg

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Got the clips. Dodge Dealer wanted $10+ per from a discontinued parts depot!
    MB has em for $1.88 each. Ordered four. Part number MB153825
    I'll repost when I get them.
    Last edited by 85Ram50; 10-26-2016 at 06:06 PM.

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    the hood bumper stops for the 85 MM do not cross fit. they don't have any visible mounting on them at all?????!
    The new fan shroud fits perfect. Put the bottom in without attaching it and then attach the top first,put the bottom on after or it won't seem like it fits when you try to put the top on second.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123