Array
    Status
    Birmingham, AL
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

Other

Wiring to A/C Compressor after rat problem

I've had my '88 Dodge Ram 50 for a few months now. I'm just now getting around to solving my no a/c problem. So a few things, the compressor is not plugged in but the wire and male connector is intact, I'm just not sure where it goes. I don't want to try to hot wire anything and further damage any other electrical components. There are three wires that do not seem to be connected to anything but I havent been able to decipher any wiring schematics to figure out what I need to connect.

This is the wire coming from the compressor.
    Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 4.51.11 PM.jpg

These are the possible connections I see. #1 a connection at the ignition box but with no wire. #2 a pigtail with both male and female ends but no wire leading anywhere. #3 a male pigtail with no female connector.

Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 4.53.44 PM.jpg

This is another view of what we are working with, same labeling as before.
    Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 4.54.02 PM.jpg

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    No one has probably answered as this is a hard one to answer. Thing is most(all?) a/c units were done here in the US after they reached the port I believe or at the actual dealer. So there is no standard for the wiring I don't believe(from the units ive seen) and also believe there were a few diff suppliers/manufacturers.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    that is true - all trucks from that time were port or dock installed because of odd import rules at the time. Kits were made by Lone Star (out of business afaik) and Frigette, to name a few.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    My '92 has factory AC components with Mitsu part numbers and everything. It all shows up in ASA as well.

I'm not disputing the possibility of it being installed after it reached the US, but it's definitely Mitsubishi hardware. I'm pretty sure my factory manuals have the wiring diagrams too. I'll check tonight.

Array
    Status
    Birmingham, AL
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

Other
    So the long short is that I'm just going to have to figure a way to safely rewire the a/c compressor myself?

Array
    Status
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    Here's the diagram for 92-95 factory AC. I've also got the 90 book, and it's basically identical. I can scan that if this diagram doesn't help you.

Hopefully this sets you in the right direction. If your truck has some kind of 3rd party AC, you might have to figure it out on your own. I'd really recommend buying the factory books for your truck. They're pretty cheap on eBay.

92-95%20Factory%20AC%20wiring.pdf

Array
    Status
    San Jose, Costa Rica
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    Talking about a/c
    My 88 mm has the A/C switch on the center bezel. Also it has the a/c hoses, condenser And everything else. By the way it has stock power steering.

But the problem is that it has not the stock engine. I mean, From factory it comes with a 4G54 (g54b) but in Costa Rica the petrol is so expensive, so the previous owner swap a hyundai porter D4BX diesel engine on it.

When the previous owner swap the engine also remove the a/с compressor and he fucked the car (literally)