Array
    Status
    Payette, ID
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64

1984 Mazda parts truck

I was looking at an ad on craigslist for a 1984 Mazda Pickup. I was wondering if the rear bumper would fit on my pickup? This bumper looks great and he only wants $25 for it. Has anyone attempted to do this?
    1984 Mazda Parts Truck

Thanks,
    Andrew

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    The bumper will fit , but you need to make new brackets to hang it, or reuse the old bumper brackets if you have a bumper.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Payette, ID
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Yeah I have the old bumper but it is falling apart, and is dented to heck.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    then swap the face bar to the Ram 50 brackets
    Pennyman1

Array
    Status
    Payette, ID
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Actually, the guy who is selling this is just a bit to far for me to drive just for a bumper. I am an Senior in high school, and I am taking a shop class, and we are required to have a project to last us the whole year, I was thinking of making a new bumper from heavier steel, but, several of my family members have recommended using my pickup as a project. The only things that are holding me back from that is 1. I only have 1 hour a day to work on it, if I work on it at home I can work on it for 5 hours on the weekday and however long I want on the weekend. 2. I don't have a job, and it is very hard to work on anything properly without having money to replace gaskets, missing bolts, parts, upgrades .ect 3. The Bus sucks, I get on at 7am, school starts at 8:10am, and ends at 3:13pm and I don't get home untill 4pm. All of these things I ask about like swapping heads from a 4g63, or dropping a 4g63T engine in, making it 4wd I have the ability to do but you cant buy anything with strings and pocket lint.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Then do things to it that don't cost a lot of money, Like the interior - make custom speaker boxos and new door panels in wood shop and upolster them; learn body working skills. Or, you could quit breaking cam towers doing donuts with a stock motor, and learn how to do it the right way - you can burn rubber all day when you pay a little bit of attention to how the truck runs before it breaks. We all have done dumb things with our vehicles, the point is to learn from the mistakes we have made.
    Pennyman1

Array
    Status
    Payette, ID
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Very true. I was just being a dumbass and wanted to see if it would do doughnuts on pavement. I am used to riding a dirt bike which you can usually do all that fun stuff to without it breaking down. Actually i never thought of building a door panel in wood shop, I have built a speaker box but it sounded really bad, so I just cut a hole in the pillar where a normal 6 1/2 speaker would go, and it sounds OK. I probalby will build a new bumper in metal shop, that looks like the stock one but built a bit tougher, or I might just go bumper less, I like the way it looks without one. My stepdad said, "It isn't a racecar and it isn't built to be driven like one either, and its gonna suck when you break something from racing around and you have to walk to school." I found out the hard way that statement is 100% true.