Array
    Status
    Lynnwood, Washington
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B

D50 Sport Wheel Fit Questions

So I have found very little help in the way of figuring out what exactly the size of my six lug wheel set is. Further more, I am having a hard time finding wheels that are six lug in the first place. So my question is, either a) what is the wheel size and where can I get affordable wheels? or b) how do I go about changing the lugs from six to a popular 5 so I can get some good looking wheels for cheap.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    the stock wheels are 6 x 5.5 bolt pattern with a 101 mm center hole - same as chevy 6 bolt wheels to 1987, and all small japanese trucks except toyota. Toyotas are 5 x 4.5 and the front hubs and rotors swap right on the spindles with spacers to align the calipers in front; the toy rear axle is the same width, and needs perch mods for final alignment. Many have gotten the 88 up gm wheels with the 87 mm center holes and had them bored to fit the larger hubs on the D-50/mm, or the tabs and rear axles can be turned down to fit the newer gm wheels using buldged lugnuts. Stud size is 12 x 1.5 stock - the newer gms are 14 x 1.5 and the lug holes are bigger, requiring the buldged lugs to tighten properly.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Lynnwood, Washington
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Once again, you come through with fantastic information. I will spend the next couple days decoding it, haha, but I got the basic gist of it. I have always loved motorsports as a whole, but unfortunately most of my mechanical knowledge is based off of the little bit of mechanical work I did on my dirt bike as a kid. So basically nothing. But as I said, I love cars, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to catch on quickly Thanks again for the information and responding so quickly.

Array
    Status
    Garden Valley, CA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    im sure alot of us started there. keep at it

Array
    Status
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B-T
    http://www.mightyram50.net/phpbb3/vi...php?f=70&t=267

turbomax did a good write-up on the toyota 5 lug swap.