Array
    Status
    Ronkonkoma
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

95 truck to build

Hello I'm John. I built a Galant GSX over the last few years and now I'm starting a second Mitsubishi project because I'm a glutton for punishment. I spent a bunch of time on the galantvr4.org site and am very proficient in all things 4g63 however this will be my first pickup so there's a lot I don't know about suspension and solid axle.

My truck is a September 94 build 5 speed mighty max originally green.

I'm planning on building the truck in stages. Stage one is clean it up a bit and swap in eclipse seats. 5 lug Toyota hub swap and lowering spindles. Raise front leaf Mount and replace shackle with a roller bearing. Shortened explorer 3.73 rear track lock rear 2g eclipse rims with 225/50/16 tires.

Stage Two will be a dohc swap and evo ecu. Probably a fully built long rod bottom end. Station hydro gear box.

Stage four will be a turbo and intercooler setup. Larger fuel system.

I'm heading to pick and pull tomorrow. What should I be looking for? Should I consider a f-150 rear if I get two explorer passenger side axles and buy 9" ends to weld on? I've heard that is a stronger rear housing. Also heard the 150 sway bar works with this truck?

How do my plans sound in general? Are the 45mm offset dsm 16" wheels going to work in this situation, considering drop spindle and 56.5" rear axle width.

Array
    Status
    Ronkonkoma
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    I'd also like to find a steering rack that fits this frame. Approximately 22" pivot to pivot. Also a Modern lancer dash board and instrument panel would be nice too.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Good luck on the rack and pinion. Be sure to start a build thread so we can fallow along.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com