Array
    Status
    Rva
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Salvage yard work

I work for a auto salvage company, and right now we have two second gens and I have a second gen, what parts show I get it's like an 87 and 89, I have a 95 I already plan to take the steering parts what else should I grab

Array
    Status
    redding ca
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    if this will be for your truck i would grab any option that those trucks have in the yard thats not on yours like ac, power steering, cruise control and such.

Array
    Status
    Rva
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Bingo, my truck has everything but ac, I need to know if I can bolt the compressor from the other block to mine, I'm not sure what the motor was, I have a 64, will the compressor bolt up because I can just grab the entire setup and have ac, I'm going to check if either one has the 3 speed wipers and cruise

Array
    Status
    Rva
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    On the ac will the compressor from the g63b, or the g53b fit my 4g64, will it bolt up?

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    If the AC unit you pick up still contains the old refrigerant inside, expect to pay dearly to have it retrofitted to the new R134a. I have been quoted between 5-600 bucks for this job. As well, installing another AC unit should be vacuumed and cleaned anyway, new dryer would be wise as well. Then you have to refill them.
    Auto AC is becoming a very high priced item for updating to new stuff.
    As for fitting...It depends on the mounting brackets from 63b to 4g64. There will probably be some challenges I imagine.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    That sounds like a ripoff - you can flush the system, change the drier and expansion valve, and swap out the O-rings yourself. Use ester oil instead of Pag oil for the 134A. The expansion valve doesn't necessarily need changed out, but swapping it out will improve the efficiency, because the orifice in the r12 expansion valve will cause less heat removal due to the larger size of the orifice. The compressor doesn't care which refrigerant it uses, once the oil is changed. With the ester oil, you could leave the mineral oil for R12 in the system - it will not react with it. Pag oil, on the other hand, will react violently, destroying the whole system.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    redding ca
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    almost 10 years ago my mother paid around 900 to have the ac compressor done in her van (I think the shop took advantage of her) and it was r134a. it ended up failing 3 years later. 600 sounds about right, (i thinks its a ripoff) but for someone who cant do this work themselves it gets pretty costly.

back to your question, I have an old ac compressor off a g54 that i will check with my pickup. ill let you know sometime tomorrow.