Array
    Status
    Hays,NC
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63

Question Weber 32/36 High idle issue

I have an 88' Max with a 2.0L and I finally was able to get a 32/36 for it because as you all know that Mikuni POS wasn't wanting to run anymore. Once I installed the carb the truck started right up, but went up to 2000 RPMs and ran for about 30 secs then died and thats the same thing it does everytime, I can however keep it running by feathering the peddle, and sadly the RPMs will not drop while running. I am still using the mechanical fuel pump for now as i'm mainly testing and adjusting the carb. I have ordered a carter 40/70 pump that will take the place of the old pump.

If needed I can take pictures of the engine bay.

Also I am still kind of new to messing with carbs as this is only the 5th one i've worked on.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Welcome to mightyram. I think it's drowning in fuel and feathering the accelerator is giving it enough air down the throats to allow most of it to burn. Check your throttle cable adjustment and the throttle stop on the carb but IMO it will only make it harder to start under the current situation.

Array
    Status
    Hays,NC
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    Welcome to mightyram. I think it's drowning in fuel and feathering the accelerator is giving it enough air down the throats to allow most of it to burn. Check your throttle cable adjustment and the throttle stop on the carb but IMO it will only make it harder to start under the current situation.

Thank you Geezer. I did check and it was drowning so I tuned the mixture screw and now it stays running but the RPMs won't drop