Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Project Mighty Bastard

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    This threw a wrench in my gears. I don't know what rear end Chuck put in the truck. I should have noticed it earlier, I went to swap out the big 31's in the rear and what do you know, only 5 lugs. So the Jeep 5 lugs fit on the axle. I didn't notice it earlier, I did find the paperwork for a custom U joint and new drive shaft. Plus Chuck told me that the E - brake didn't work when I bought it. I should have figured it out earlier.

Anyways, can anyone tell me what axle this is ?? Do you need different pics or better pics ??

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    There should be a tag on the drop out. Looks like a ford 9" That would be nice if it is. So many things can go it it then.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

I just feel so stupid that I didn't even think of it before. I jacked up the rear end and took off the lugs, went to go grab my 6 lug 16's off the 89' and was actually stunned to find out it was 5 lug. Then I remembered the paper work that showed new drive shaft and u joints. And the fact that the E-brake does not work. Plus it makes sense, the amount of weight I removed is just amazing to me. So to handle the weight he probably swapped to something more robust.

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Looks like a Toyota 8" to me, the housing is the wrong shape for a ford 8" or 9".

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

Still alive and working on the beast. Was alot more work than I first thought. I ended up cutting 19 full inches off the back. Before all 5 of those rear leafs were touching, now there is space between the leafs. This bitch was put together extremely well, all doubled walled, the rear frame was actually boxed straight to the rear bumper, was a bitch to cut. Sucked, burned up a package of 5 Sawzall blades to get through that one section. Still got alot of finishing work to do. I'll post more pics. Trying to get it to look like something first.

Array
    Status
    Philippines
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D56-T
    reviving this thread

lil bastard, could you please take a pic and show me the firewall (engine side & interior side esp the clutch pedal mechanism) of your truck? i just want to estimate the range of metalwork that i would involve myself into if i might be able to do a conversion from auto to manual on my 2nd gen. i would love to see also (if you may) the transmission mounts. mine is a 4d56 turbodiesel btw. thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123