Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Project Mighty Bastard

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Fixed my fuel leak. Since I am on the stock pump, Camoit said it is not rising rate, so with the bigger line my tiny pressure gauge reads about 4 psi, so since it is not rising rate it should stay at a steady 4 psi. Truck is running great, I did adjust my throttle cable, figured it was not pulling enough to open all the way. And now it runs even better. When I drained the oil it was all sludgy. So I just filled it up again, in the next couple days I'll drain that and the filter, drain and refil, filter and oil till I get it all cleaned out. When I get semi clean oil, I'll drop the pan and really clean it all out. Maybe plasti gauge my bearings and check for wear while I am in there.

Also since I got to drive this thing I did get 2 sets of 3000 GT seats, one for mock up and the other for permanent seating. I also get a couple 3000 GT center councils and I all ready had a front half of a toyota, the old one with the 2 gauges in it. So I'll make a nice center council out of it.

Oh and also last thing, I started to pull off the auto shifter since I don't need it anymore. I moved my tach to the top of the steering wheel, so I'll get the steering wheel cover started. I did fix the wirring and got the clock working and the dome light. So now I can open my door at night I actually have light to see. And the clock is a big step since it is the first thing on my dash that actually works.

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Get a can of 10 minute oil flush. When I put the 302 in my D50 it was out of a 85 T-bird and the oil was tar.Put fresh cheap oil in and a can of flush, ran it for 10-15 minutes and changed the oil, Did the flush for 2 more oil changes (Ran it for a week between changes) and by the 4th change the oil was still clean after 5000 miles.

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

Never heard of 10 min oil flush. Where did you purchase this ??

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Got it at Auto Value. Barsleak, Gunk and Rislone all make it as well. I'll get the company name for the one I use tomorrow.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    You can also just start to run Dello 400 15 W40. It will clean the crap out of it. Don't use the Dello 400E The "E" is for emission. California crap.. I buy it by the drum. It's formulated for the high detergent demands of a semi truck.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

My truck all ready sounds like a sewing machine, if I put 15w40 in it, people will start to ask if I do alterations

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    This is the stuff I used http://www.gunk.ca/prod_photo.asp and it works great. the bottle looks different in the US but its the same stuff

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Don't use that unless you want to rebuild the motor now - that stuff will clean out the gunk on a high mile motor and expose the worn out bearings and seals to cause major noise and leaks. Use Rislone instead - a super detergent added in for 1 quart of oil - cleans slowly but effectively to remove the sludge. Its available at all parts stores and walmart in a yellow bottle.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

Thanks for the info guys, and I don't know the exact mileage of my engine. I think it may have been opened up at some time. I got grey gasket make on all the gasket areas. Head, front cover and oil pan. I'm definately going to pull my pan and really get a look inside. I'll know so much more about this engine then.

Oh I did pull my flat spare tire off the carrier today. No use in carrying it with me. Also put in my seats, and I love them. Only got one bolt holding them down right now, I got to make a couple feet for the fronts and drill a hole for the other back one. But now I sit lower and farther back. My feet are really in line with my pedals. Plus it really makes what all ways felt like a small cab into what now feels absolutely huge. Plus I got a arm rest now. I'll get pics up.

Oh and I found out what is causing so much slop in my steering. The arm from the steering box to the steering arm is jacked. The pin moves before any steering happens so that is where all my movement comes from. I'll also geet pics just for the hell of it.

Array
    Status
    Garden Valley, CA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    thats the pitman arm, sounds like you got one heck of a headache to sort out, but it seems like your getting there, also first gen eclipse sttering wheels are a direct bolt in for these trucks. you just have to enlarge the hole on your column cover. it feels much nicer than a might max wheels and is a lot smaller and looks alot better to.

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    If your looking for that aftermarket steering wheel I got a NRG setup for the eclipse. Quick release and all. Don't give up hppe and keep going.

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    So Camoit, do you use the Delo 400 15w40 all the time or just as a cleaner? I am not familiar with it and googled it but am still not clear.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    I use it all the time, in pretty much everything. You can say I use a lot of oil. Engine, Hydraulic, ATF, Gear, Grease, water soluble, light machine,chain / cable lube. Then I wash the concrete trucks with a solution of Muriatic Acid and water. Just enough to make them smoke when applied. I don't suggest washing a D50 with Muriatic Acid, but it will make a driveway nice and white again. About 1 quart to 3 gallon of water. Then rinse the hell out of it. When you think your done then rinse one more time.

10-19-11_1713.jpg 10-19-11_1714.jpg
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

Been a while since I updated this. Well truck is still running, not really good. I am still waiting for the new house and garage to get some work done. I've decided to try to get another truck, so I can do my mock up and drive a truck at the same time. I am in the process of still getting supplies and replacement parts, so as soon as I get into the house and get another truck the work can go fast. I can post some of the mods that are going to get done right away.

Recessed grill, got a great idea on a grill that will work perfect on a D50

Since the corner of my bed got hit and crushed pretty good, I got the rear section of another bed. So as soon as I can get into the garage where I can actually do something. My bed will get chopped propbably to the shackles, about 6 or 7 inches. Run a cross beam at the very end, all boxed and gusseted.

The rims I got on the truck now, are going to get powder coated black, the chrome centers are going to get all polished. Since they do stick out a 1/2 inch, either going to roll my fenders out or build a small flare to bring them back in line.

Settled on my paint colors, going to go look at paint this week. Going gun metal grey with a heavy clear, to tie in the black grill and rims I'll do either traditional race stripes, or maybe a off set rally stripe, still undecided on that stripe.

Got a overhead council from a Caravan w/ outside temp and digital direction, I'll need to cut it down since it don't fit in my truck, smooth it and paint it to match the black interior to tie in with the black on the outside. Grey accents in there to really tie into the paint colors.

Many more things will be done, frenched exhaust tips into lower rocker, smoothed tailgate, rollpan w/ liscense plate box, alot of other stuff going to go on this truck. Just sitting on hold till I get out of this Nazi controlled H.O.A hell hole.

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

As some of you know, I bought this monster.

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

Now this is the style it is going to hopefully end up with.

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

That orange one is a really good example of a really nice flat bed. So parts from the 89' are going to be sacrificed to the 87' since the 87' is in alot better overal condition. Plus the 87' is all ready ready to get a flat bed.

Still setting up the house and waiting to get my garage set up. I will get started this week. Just showing the plan.

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

I lied !! I said I would let my neighbors get used to us before I started. Garage is not even set up. I grabbed 2 tools from my other garage. A Makita and Vice grips.

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

Here is what I cut off so far

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

Ignore the 6651 sticker, it was on the truck when I bought it. You can start to see the plan. The bed is getting chopped down to the bare essentials. I am cutting it down to fit the width of the cab. Only thing sticking out is going to be the wheel wells. I can run any size I want now, I can even look for duals.

I got along way to go till I decide what to really do with it.

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

Got a lot more cut off. This thing is put together really well. Almost all double walled, burned up 13 cut off disks so far. Kinda annoying actually.

I measured from the bottom of the frame to the ground before I started, so far I've gone up 3 full inches. The weight I've removed is actually going to be alot. When I am done I'll probably have to swap out my rear leafs. Right now, I got 5 leafs, probably to deal with the weight of just the bed. When I am done, it will be alot lighter, so the lighter springs off the 89' will probably bring the ass end back down.

I'll post pics soon

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

285 Pounds so far. By the scale at my local salvage yard. That is not even half what I am going to remove. How did this thing even move with a tiny 2.6power ?

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

And that is where I am at. That is a ton of cutting, It is just roughed in so far, I left enough room to square everything up.

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast