Status
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4D55

Power Steering Pump leak

Hey there,

I cruised the topic looking for love, but my question is a little specific...
    (86 4d55 Ranger)
    Noticed my PS pump is leaking fluid right where the hard line hose connects to the bottom of the pump. The hose is wiggly and looks like it's not snug to where it should be sitting. The hose itself has a ring on it, kind of like a washer, and there's a little gap from that to the bolt on the pump. This is where it's leaking. Is there supposed to be an O-ring or something there? Or do I try and loosen the bolt and push the hose in farther, like maybe it wiggled loose?

Much appreciated!
    Cheers

Array
    Status
    redding ca
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    sounds like the bolt is not on tight enough. i would try to drain the lines as best as possible then remove the hose and clean it up and put it all back together. that washer is supposed to be their, no o-ring. you could just try and tightening it down and it should be all good to. don't over tighten it tho. post a pick if you can also.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    that is a banjo connection - the washer is the seal. If it is really mangled, go to a real auto store like NAPA and see if they can find you a new copper washer the same size.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4D55
    Tightened up the bolt, line isn't wiggling and definitely slowed the leak, but still leaking out slowerly. Hesitant to tighten it more though...

I'll try and get a photo up cause it seems like the line isn't sitting fully into the pump where it should be - but maybe that's the way it is.

Thanks guys