Hello Everybody,

Been driving my '89 MM w/rblt motor & weber for about 18 months now.. been running perfectly, very happy.

My AirTex electric fuel pump died yesterday. AAA towed me home, did some circuit tests to make sure fuel pump was getting electricity (it was), went to nearest AutoZone and got a replacement this morning. It is installed and seems to be working fine (wondering why the AirTex had such a short life, under 10k miles).

Whether coincidental or not, the following occurred after getting new pump installed: motor starts and runs fine as long as I hold ignition in START position. However, as soon as I release key to RUN position it dies. I didn't change anything in circuitry I installed for original electric fuel pump setup, only unplugged a couple of my connections to check circuit to ensure it was the AirTex that went bad.

Only thing that bugs me (long shot) is: there is a ceramic connector on the drivers side firewall above the wheel well, a couple terminals on each end. I'm running hot wire off this for my fuel pump circuit. This thing broke when I did rebuilt a few years ago, and just a few days ago was doing some maintenance and hit it accidentally. I fixed original break w/epoxy, and did so again. This time I noticed there was a spring inside, not sure what it is there for if it could possiby be causing problem I describe above.

Also wondering i this could be a coincidental ignition switch failure... but right now I'm just guessing. Hoping one of the geniuses here can give me a more precise suggestion before I start replacing parts with my fingers crossed. Even suggestions on what circuit to test appreciated, just not sure where to begin with this not knowing what wires should be hot in RUN position.

Any help greatly appreciateed, hope you all are well.