Array
    Status
    Conway, AR
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Small problems

now that I got most of the hard stuff out of the way I need some help on diagnosis. The truck runs fine when its cold. Sounds like there is a turbo in it until it warms up but that's not the issue. The problem is that after it warms up when you slow down and come to a stop it sounds like it's trying to stall out a little bit. Sit still for a couple seconds and it idles back up and runs fine till you come up to another stop or slow to nearly a stop. Hasn't stalled out completely except for maybe twice in the past nine months. There is some noise coming from the tranny when the clutch is pressed in but I don't see how that could be the problem since it idles back up after a couple seconds after stopping. Any feed back would be appreciated. Also anyone know a way to beat the metal back to flat behind the headlights. My cousin hit a deer with it at 55 mph. A bent bumper, destroyed grill, and all the front lights on the driver side is all that I need to fix other than the metal behind the headlight.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    The noise from the trans may be the throw/thrust bearing. They can rumble like a worn out roller skate and it's mostly noticeable when you've got the clutch in . As for the idle issue, what is the idle like when it is up to operating temp? If it's trying to go below 850 rpm it might stumble until it picks up some vacuum. There could be a number of issues (like a vacuum leak for instance) or the idle is set wrong, ignition tune is out etc...

Hit a deer doing 55? ouch... your truck made it home - bet the deer didn't

Array
    Status
    new jersey
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    mine did the same thing, the air mixture setting just needed adjusted because of the temp change,with the engine on just turn it clockwise until it starts to bog down then counter clockwise counting turns until it bogs down again and then set it back in the middle.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Float issue or you have a leaking brake booster under pedal pressure. Some in here have close to stalling issues on very hard braking with weber. I am talking almost panic stopping.

They have deer in AZ? Didn't think deer liked 120 degree temps?, lol

Array
    Status
    Conway, AR
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I live in arkansas not arizona. My truck is fuel injected so I don't think there would be a mixture screw. It idles fine just sitting there its only on the stops that it hits a stall rpm then idles back up after a couple seconds. Im going to check the timing this week and then set about looking for a vacuum leak.

Array
    Status
    Conway, AR
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Oh and far as the deer goes. It was an instant kill with many broken ribs.

Array
    Status
    Conway, AR
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Haven't been able to work on the truck any because of work but I found out that the low rpm only happens while the truck is in motion with the clutch pressed in or the transmission in neutral. As soon as I come to a complete stop for a few seconds it idles back up. I'm starting to think that maybe the air sensor is starting to screw up.

Array
    Status
    Conway, AR
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    So I reset the timing and it didn't help. Then I found the screw that sets the idle by the throttle. It wasnt even touching the plate.Turned it in three turns before it even increased the idle by a hair. Now it works completely fine. No drops in idle while coasting or anything. I'll do a bit of a distance drive tomorrow to make sure it wasn't a fluke that it wasn't trying to stall out again.