Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

grill

It's nothing to brag about but the plastic gril was broke when I bought it so one day at the steel scrap yard when they would still sell stuff I grabbed a piece of expanded metal. It was black for a while but that wore off so I used Rustoleum primer on it. Its not great but at least it stops the big bugs
    grill.jpg

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    ...it's got a Mad Max vibe happening

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Looks terrible, lol buy a grill and give her some respect.

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    I was very proud of myself for only haven a 2x4 and tin snips to make it.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Get some aluminum square tubing and make a frame around the outside edge - it don't look that bad, just needs a frame for shape.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    You can trick it up to make it look more factory. I had a badly busted up grill that all the mounting points had snapped off, so I cut off the original stainless trim and folded a new grill by hand, then epoxied the trim onto it. Final touch was a diamond emblem. Getting your hands on some alu extrusion and shaping it up would be a simple deal and folding the edges of the mesh to recess it not only makes it look nicer but gives the grill some rigidity. Depending on the type of extrusion it may also offer good, solid mounting points to anchor to the front end.
    RBcolt01.jpg

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Nice Pic geez. I used that 2x4 to bend the top over and it is actually mounted to two of the original grill mounts on top and otherwise just hanging there probably held some by the light cutouts too. It is pretty solid, I like the look myself. I was hoping to find or make some kind of ram emblem for that center spot. The grill that was on it was all plastic with chrome like substance on it, had been broken with more than 1/3 of it gone, probably in whatever bang up that has the hood off kilter. I've seen OE grills in my searches over the last couple days, don't recall looking at a price, and well if I end up making it run well enough I may invest in making it look better. I'm more interested in the motor and dash working right, then getting good buckets and redoing the carpet I put in 13 years ago. Right now aside from the motor/dash I have to solve some leak issues. I have another thread on here about that. I think I've narrowed it to the rear window gasket.