Status
    Golden Valley, MN
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B-T

New to this site, old to G54B stuff

Hello,

Lately I've been thinking about getting a pickup and since I loved working on my conquest, and I like the looks of the MM/D50 I thought I'd look on the forums for ones for sale.

My conquest made 482 whp with an MPI G54B on a Dyno Dynamics, then I sold it to a guy in Colorado who dynoed it on a Dynojet and made 550whp, then had it retuned and it made close to 600, so that's cool. I've been away from fast stuff for a long time now, unless you consider mountain biking fast (it is).

Right now I want a rust free (if that's possible) regular cab short box pickup with a 2.6 and a manual trans.

Andrew

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. Those are some serious numbers you were making in your Conquest. Good luck with finding a really clean rust free truck. Unfortunately a lot of these trucks don't get any love 'til they fall into a members hands but reasonably solid trucks are still around. 400+ HP in a D50/MM would be 'fun' (read as terrifying). You got any pics of the set up you had in your Conquest and other details of the build, we'd be more than interested to check them out.

Array
    Status
    Golden Valley, MN
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B-T
    I'll see what I can scrounge up!

Array
    Status
    Golden Valley, MN
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B-T
    DSC03314.jpgIMAG0095.jpgThe engine bay shot was in its final iteration. It had an ancient EIP "cannon" intake manifold that pretty much sucked. I liked the Magna intake better. It had a Precision 6262 turbo, forged wiseco pistons, stock, shot-peened rods, fidanza aluminum flywheel and ACT Maxx Extreme clutch (6 puck sprung hub). It made transmissions cry. the 482 was made on like 34psi of boost, but I never went over 30 on the street, so about 450whp. On a cold night it would spin the tires in 4th gear, haha! The suspension was a mix of ok parts, the brakes were stock sized cross drilled and slotted, but had porterfield pads which were frickin' awesome. AEM series 1 ecu, DSM harness and cam position sensor, wasted spark distributorless ignition that probably was running out of juice. Oh yeah, 1300 High z deatsch werks injectors, dual walbro 255 fuel pumps and E85. I miss it daily.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    It's funny that you give a modded factory Mitsubishi MPI manifold thumbs up over a custom manifold (I've seen a number of different aftermarket MPI manifolds for 4G54's and most of them were garbage...). The Conquest was surprisingly good for an 80's turbo car. Good handling and chassis dynamics. A friend of mine had a hatchet job 4G63 VR4 powered Starion that was punching 600 hp that he'd bought from a pick-a-part owned drag racing team (the gearbox internals were like jelly and the engine was on it's knees from running some ugly tuning).
    There's not a lot of good examples left of these cars

Array
    Status
    Golden Valley, MN
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B-T
    I'd love to do one again, but I am in school again for a masters and have no spare time nor money. But I'd also like to have a pickup, which would be more useful to me than a conquest.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by Technology View Post
    I'd love to do one again, but I am in school again for a masters and have no spare time nor money. But I'd also like to have a pickup, which would be more useful to me than a conquest.
    Same number of doors

Array
    Status
    Golden Valley, MN
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B-T
    True. Maybe it's a phase I'm going through.