Array
    Status
    Houston TX
    Vehicle

1993 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Upgrading 45 Amp to 90

After almost frying my harness upgrading Headlights Instarted looking for replacements.
    found a very similar Alternator used on 95-97 Neons and the Avenger. Everything lined up except the screws and nuts and the serpentine pulley that needs to be switched. After taking them out, I had to send both plates to be enlarged. The pigtail and electric l is exactly the same including the electric.
    Beside being cheaper this one deliver twice as much, 90Amp
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Bigger is always better when it comes to charging and storage. I'm swapping the dinky little 40A alternator in my Gen 1 for a 90A out of a Hyundai but I didn't realise the shafts were different diameters. Luckily I had an old Bosch alternator that had the same diameter shaft as the Hyundai alt but with the 'V' belt pulley I was going to need to make it work. I have to mess with the adjusting bracket due to the Hyundai alternator being designed for a right side mount but it'll do the job. I pilfered the harness from a Mitsubishi van (which will be a lot like the harness you're using) and even has the oil pressure sender terminal integrated into it. Did you take the harness from the Dodge alternator? You would've been able to use the main power terminal cover in your truck.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function